Friend interested in MD Need opinions on newer Minelab X-Terra Elite

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello team, A friend is getting into metal detecting and asked my what I think of the new MInelab X-terra Elite. I don't know what to tell her because I have a Minelab 800 and never used one. Need some honest opinions from anyone who has use one. Thanks in advance.
JT

I don't have the Elite XTerra and won't be getting one. Do have the XTerra Pro and an Equinox 800. All I can say is unless they really tightened up the VDI on the Elite it's going to be a lot less capable than the Equinox 800. I've also owned an Equinox 600 before the 800 and feel that the XTerra Pro isn't better than the 600 either. The 600 was a stable machines with fairly solid VDI, the XTerra Pro is a very erratic machine where VDI is all over the place. It seems to have a lot of raw power but there is no way to tame it, shape it, or otherwise take better advantage of that positive.
Unless someone is purely wanting a Minelab The Nokta Double Score is hard to beat right now for what it does at a price of $349. I also found a Minelab Equinox 600 for sale at Midwayusa for the same price.

Thanks for your opinion. We will check out this machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back