chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to a site that I have hit many times before and found several other goodies and I also have gotten skunked... but for some reason I keep going back... and this is why! I found 2 wheats 1950S & a 1926D and a coin that I have only found one other in 20 years... and as far as I know there are not that common... probably because they were only minted for 14 years... yeah I'm talking about the elusive SLQ...

boy was it nice to see something shiny come out of the ground... I haven't found much silver this year... this makes up for it... a little! Without any further delay here she is.... yeah its a no dater :sad10:

Chukers

SLQ1.JPG
SLQ 2.JPG
SLQ3.JPG
SLQ4.JPG
SLQ5.JPG

Upvote 2
Sweet find! Those SLQ are rather elusive, have to admit. The one I found was a no dater also, but yours is better than mine still, farm fields not too kind to coins sometimes. H.H. ! CARM

Purtiest coin ever minted Chester....Good stuff:thumbsup:

Nice !

& it's a Denver Mint

allot of people apparently didn't loose standing quarters :tongue3:
not a large amount of them being found.

Congratulation!

Nice !

& it's a Denver Mint

allot of people apparently didn't loose standing quarters :tongue3:
not a large amount of them being found.

I'd say so... I think its because of only being minted for 14 years... and I wouldn't doubt they stopped minting them because of the the date being worn off too easily!

Chukers

wow! ...I'm dying to find one of these myself! congrats on the SLQ -even if it has no date- it's still a great find!

Thank you everyone for the responses... I haven't had a good find since the new software and I'm glad to see all the friendly and encouraging comments...

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back