Object 1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • Object 1b.JPG
    Object 1b.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • Object 2.jpg
    Object 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Thank you, that term helped me search further. So far I am getting the results that object 1 is a pressure release valve for a radiator in a house or an old car.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Compression relief valves were used on tractors too at start up. Reducing compression allowing easier start effort.
(1:48-49 shows the valve being closed after starting.)

Your other item might be a wheeled foot for furniture or a cart.

Upvote 0
Thank you for taking the time to post that video and for pointing out the exact time within it as well. This has been very interesting and educational. It has also made me glad that I don't have to release pressure from anything during my daily routine. (except from my feet after 8 hours of detecting).

Upvote 2
You’ve probably seen enough, but here is a pressure relief petcock for a John Deere model B.
IMG_3398.jpeg

Upvote 0
Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is very similar, which makes me wonder if there is any level of standardization to these items so that they can be used interchangeably. My research keeps leading back to Model A/T Fords (1908-1931). The places that sell replacement parts show the one I found exactly and use the term "original design". But maybe this was the one available at the time and used in many applications. Thank you for the input on this.

Upvote 0
Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is very similar, which makes me wonder if there is any level of standardization to these items so that they can be used interchangeably. My research keeps leading back to Model A/T Fords (1908-1931). The places that sell replacement parts show the one I found exactly and use the term "original design". But maybe this was the one available at the time and used in many applications. Thank you for the input on this.
Many petcocks are universal, dependent upon the threads.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back