Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130530_230857.png
    ForumRunner_20130530_230857.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 139
what is its size?A coin in pic is helpful

Upvote 0
I have no idea, but it might be a bull pin for the heifer gear???

Upvote 0
like bigfoot said, size reference. that could be the size of a tooth pick or the size of baseball bat.

Upvote 0
Herw is a pic with a nickel hope it helps

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130531_100148.png
    ForumRunner_20130531_100148.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Not sure what it came from but the tabs were meant to be turned up to keep a nut from spinning. Looks to be 15% of a head gasket?

Upvote 0
I found this today in a field close to my house along with a few bullets anyone have a clue what it is

What kind of bullets and where is your house?

We need as much information as you can possibly provide to try to put the relic in context.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Im in the shenandoah valley of Va. Here is what we found

Attachments

• PART_1369963952875.jpg
    PART_1369963952875.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
The chain looks to me like a curb chain off a bridle. I'll try and find a picture. cavbit1a.jpg Here is a picture of a cavalry bit, the arrow points to the curb chain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think calisdad is the closest. It looks like a lock tab plate for a nut or bolt. Sometimes they ganged them together with other ones close by in some cases forming an arc or ring. They're used in vibration prone areas where fasteners might come loose.

Upvote 0
ok...I believe you have a broken lock tab...for securing bolts in place...after you torque the bolt...pry the tabs over to secure the nut...
the one you posted has a broken end..so it secured two bolts...

Definitely a part of a double bolt locking tab, it would've looked similar to this before being broken...

Locking tabs were used and still are in critical areas in heavy equipment, trucking and aviation where a bolt becoming loose would lead to catastrophic failure of the component and therefore the vehicle/plane.

LOCKING TABS UNI JOINT U BOLT EH-WB LC-UC 2 PCS
CP1129.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank all you guys for your input.

Upvote 0
Although possible, it's unlikely it was from an aircraft. Most aviation applications used safety wire instead.

Upvote 0
This may sound stupid, but at first glance, it reminds me of part of car rear wheel brake part
Possible emergency break manual part for the back wheel
springs would fit over the 2 tabs
Brady

Upvote 0
If you're talking about a spreader bar for your average Bendix brakes.....it's kinda similar but would be made of heavier metal and would be straighter across the middle instead of rounded. The ends would have slots for the brake shoes and apply lever also.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back