✅ SOLVED Found this plate with very besutiful designs. I think the words are arabic.

eventsmatters

Greenie
Oct 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone please tell me what this plate is about. I think the word is Perian or Arabic ( I may be wrong) It has very nice designs. Anything about this plate would be really helpful.

Thank You DSC_0028.JPGDSC_0029.JPG

I don't think the post-Mohammedan Arabians are allowed by religious law (Sharia) to create graven images of humans. Persians: anything goes.

No idea what the plate may represent . . . but it's not uncommon for a man and a woman to enjoy each other's company in several cultures. ;-)

Anything on the back?

That little snippet of writing above them may be Iranian (Persian)
IRAN-graffiti.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
رباعیات عمر خیام

The Rubaiyat of Omar Kayam

A collection of Persian poems translated in the 1860's

800px-Edmund_J_Sullivan_Illustrations_to_The_Rubaiyat_of_Omar_Khayyam_First_Version_Quatrain-011.jpg

A Jug of wine, a loaf of bread and thou, beside me singing in the wilderness.

Upvote 0
There is nothing on the back. Thank you for the link - Lost&Found . I will try to read it (I haven't finished yet.). Thank You

Upvote 0
I did not get it what Rubaiyath have anything to do with this plate? Is it related to it? Sorry I did not understand why you posted about it.

Upvote 0
The scrip writing between and above the couple appear to be رباعیات عمر خیام

Which is Persian and translates to: "The Rubaiyat of Ohmar Kayam"

That's a pretty solid link.

It was a popular book of poems in the US just after the turn of the 20th century.

Upvote 0
Ohh. Ok. Thank You. I knew about Rubaiyath but I never saw it written on Persian. Thanks a lot. Thank You everyone for the answer. Thanks Charlie.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back