image.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Upvote 9
Look at the back.

Accord on back from Germany, long way to go to leave a can of 22 shorts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 191
Those would actually be .22 CB caps rather than .22 shorts. Practically no powder charge, just the primer. Neat find.

Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Ammunisjon for KV våpen - 6 mm Flobert
Technical data

Patron Length .................... 11.5 mm
Cap diameter .................... 5.65 mm
Cool Type .......................... Forward Cool
Cool Nuclear material ......... Lead
Ignition Mechanism ............... Rand Tent
Bushing Material ................. Copper
Sleeve length ...................... 6.35 mm
Don....

Last edited:
Sorry boys, those are smaller than CB caps. They are actually BB cap sized, and Mirage, CBs certainly do have a powder charge. As Don says they are European Flobert rounds for "salon" (indoors) shooting.

Those are really cool. Any idea of the age? I've seen a lot of .22 cal rounds in my life but never one with such a large rim. Thanks for sharing.

TommyG,
In 1845, French inventor, Louis Nicolas Flobert modified a percussion cap to hold a small lead bullet.
The round was designed to be a toy--for indoor shooting--as mentioned by 'gunsil' in post 9.
Don..

Sorry boys, those are smaller than CB caps. They are actually BB cap sized, and Mirage, CBs certainly do have a powder charge. As Don says they are European Flobert rounds for "salon" (indoors) shooting.

BB Caps have round balls, rather like a BB instead of the conical round of the cartridges in the pictures shown. Most sources note that the only propellant in these rounds is the primer charge, no additional powder is used in them, though I suppose that could depend on the specific manufacturer. Interesting find regardless.

Last edited:
22blank2.png22blank1.pngHeres some blanks or caps that were in my dads shell collection. This post made me think of them so I had to dig them out and take a picture!! My dad passed away back in 1980.

Cool Find!!
Those are cool! And because of this thread....It reminded me of something....I have with the Acorn on top also!! I wonder if they all went into the same type of gun? I don't want to open them, but through the plastic it looks like the same acorn.

View attachment 1311462View attachment 1311463

BB Caps have round balls, rather like a BB instead of the conical round of the cartridges in the pictures shown. Most sources note that the only propellant in these rounds is the primer charge, no additional powder is used in them, though I suppose that could depend on the specific manufacturer. Interesting find regardless.

BB and CB refer to size of cartridge and have nothing to do with BBs as in BB guns. A BB cap can have a round or a pointed projectile. All CB caps have a powder charge, go buy some and open them up, I have opened up every type of .22 ammo when I was younger. You can kill varmints with CBs, they are less powerful than shorts, but I have killed a chuck with one at 50 feet.

BB and CB refer to size of cartridge and have nothing to do with BBs as in BB guns. A BB cap can have a round or a pointed projectile. All CB caps have a powder charge, go buy some and open them up, I have opened up every type of .22 ammo when I was younger. You can kill varmints with CBs, they are less powerful than shorts, but I have killed a chuck with one at 50 feet.

I have fired CB's in the past though it's been quite a few years (probably late 80's), and when I got curious about the extremely low report I pulled a few apart. No powder charge except for the primer. Not saying there aren't some brands or manufacturers which manufactures them with powder, but there are most assuredly CB cartridges out there which don't have a powder charge.

You've possessed and opened every type of .22 ammo? :rolleyes: Forgive me, but I highly doubt it, especially when you consider all the numerous manufacturers and countries of origin of that caliber. Not to say you don't have a good amount of experience with firearms and ammunition, but that claim is just a little suspect. I think we're just going to agree to disagree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back