Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    824.1 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 7
Does anyone have any idea what this is? Found this at an estate sale hanging by the fireplace with lots of cast iron and copper. It appears to be a soldier from the Revolutionary. Any thoughts? Thanks, Tim
Maybe part of a door knocker. Lol I know that's probably not the proper name.

Yeah, that's a good one. I sold & installed wood stoves & alternative energy heating systems in MA back in the 70s. I don't recall ever seeing one of those (or similar) [EDIT+], then or since.

In the 2nd view, there's something below the concentric circles that looks like it could be a separate piece attached with rivets or screws(?) Or it could be part of the casting. Either way, I can't fathom the purpose (yet).

Last edited:
Yea my first thought was a flue opener, because it was hanging near a fireplace. After the 289 it looks like a small g so I thought maybe some kinda weight. Ive searched both and havent found anything similar. Yea there are no rivets or screws… its part of the casting.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? Found this at an estate sale hanging by the fireplace with lots of cast iron and copper. It appears to be a soldier from the Revolutionary. Any thoughts? Thanks, Tim
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back