Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 ringer, round balls, cartridge box buckle ?, etc. 20150210_184216.jpg

First Half Dime - 1859 O.20150210_184715.jpg20150210_184643.jpg

Found this cross a couple of weeks ago. Has Lord's Prayer on back.20150210_185127.jpg20150210_185206.jpg

Upvote 15
Sweet finds!!
Hope we can find another good property this year with some CW relics to be found.

Any of those would make me happy. Great job. Hope you find much more!

Nice cross. Good luck on the next one.

You got all kinds of neat things, not the least of which is that half dime ! Love to find one of those myself. WTG!

You may have come upon a Civil War camp site, or close to one. Those are reflective of the artifacts that we used to find in the cane fields around Donaldsonville and surrounding area.

Great finds! Could you put something next to that cross so we can get a representation of its size? What type of material is it? Great hunts!

Nice relic finds! Nice half dime and cross.

Thanks for all of the comments guys. I have some stuff showing in the What's it thread if you want to eyeball it. Wildwild Bill, The cross is 1.75 x 1 inch. Maybe silver plated. We think there was a camp there but years of plowing spread it. Roceda, River Road is still fruitfull.

That was my first and I wasn't sure what it was because of the soil, but my buddy knew right away. Exciting.

Very nice selection of finds, love that half dime!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back