Found something

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
The daughter and I went crystal hunting today in Highfalls NC. The quartz blankets the earth out there and I found a nice outcropping on public land so we were going to find the largest, most perfect crystal ever found.
Well we found some tiny ones and some petrified wood and this sweet broken point. It's not Texas flint or multicolored agate but for the Sandhills of North Carolina this is what I love finding.
102185.jpg

102186.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice Savanah river, Rhyolite of course.
Thanks for sharin'

Molly.

It is nice to find different coloured Rhyolite, I have Blue,grey,black,purple,tan,peach,cream,speckled with quartz. There sure is a lot of variety. Wait until you find banded..

Molly.

When hunting on public land please be careful not to show your point to a Ranger. They have more authority than Home Land Security. He or She will take that point and give you a lecture. They make you feel like you have violated every part of the Constitution and at least 12 of Its Amendment's.

This was the best kind of public land.
A stony hill on the side of a country road less than 6 feet from the asphalt. Quartz spills out of the hill and onto the side of the road. I pulled over to look for crystals and spotted this broke in the mix. It was just like I like to find them, sitting atop a pedestal of clay about 2 inches high.
Plenty of black widow spiders there too. Sometimes I think they are NCs State animal.

Let it get a good rain and hit it again.There is bound to be another one layed up sittin purdy thanks for the view
Creekdog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back