photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG
(1866 3 cent coin)

photo 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg
(1929 standing liberty quarter)

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG
(1852 seated half dime)

Thanks for looking and HH...

Upvote 12
Wow is the word I am looking for. Those are some nice coins. Three cent, and half dime are my favorites.

Wow is the word I am looking for. Those are some nice coins. Three cent, and half dime are my favorites.
Thanks, same here. Hopefully I will find more LOL

Wow is an understatement! SWEET!!!

I still can't believe how lucky I was to find these. Bad part is, I don't think I can ever top it... LOL. But I'm fine with that... LOL

That will be tough to beat, but what fun trying!

you dug the steel wheats and the 3 cent nickel?

You covered it all! Wow! Nice finds!

Gotta jump on the "wow" wagon....WOW! All those old coins in one day! I am fairly new to detecting and even with "beginners luck" I've not had a day like that, but wow, sure hope to see a day like that sometime in the future! Congratulations to you. We're they a stash/cache?

That is a heckuva day of metal detecting! Congratulations.

Id say thats some nice silver

Beautiful non-dug coins! Way to go! Hope you got a great deal on those babies. (Or maybe I misunderstood and they were part of a cache--perhaps in a jar? Tell us a more!)

That is a really nice pile of coins. Congrats.

Beautiful non-dug coins! Way to go! Hope you got a great deal on those babies. (Or maybe I misunderstood and they were part of a cache--perhaps in a jar? Tell us a more!)

Well, I can see what happened now. I was in the middle of making this post and had to leave (leaving my account open) before I had finished. My metal detecting buddy caught me gone, changed some words and then posted this (trying to be funny I guess). You're right, some of them are "non-dug coins". The Mercs, the '45 walking liberty half and the seated half dime were dug. The steel wheats, three cent nickel and the standing liberty quarter originally read "found in a box FULL of coins my buddy (yep the same buddy) and I bought at a garage sale." I also should have stated that the "dug" coins were not found in one day, but over a course of a couple of hunts to a couple of old houses that I found on an old topo map. Sorry for any confusion, but man what a hunt that would've been... LOL. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a friend to payback!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back