coinguy

Tenderfoot
Aug 7, 2013
Northern CT
Detector(s) used
Camouflage Adventure 5500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting for about 3 minutes in my back yard and it showed up as coins. ( I have a lower end metal detector.) I am not sure if it is gold or not and was wondering if you can tell from pictures. I read that since it says 22 on the inside, along with the initials and date of wedding ( I think) and it is scratched but not showing different colors underneath it may be gold. I tried to take the best pictures of it I could. Any help would be appreciated, this is my first good find besides rusty nails and a few newer pennies!

Attachments

• IMG_1793[1].JPG
    IMG_1793[1].JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1797[1].JPG
    IMG_1797[1].JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1798[1].JPG
    IMG_1798[1].JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1799[1].JPG
    IMG_1799[1].JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 2
the edges look gray but it is just the glare, it is gold all the way around

1.gif LOOKS LIKE 22 K TO ME

Hey coinguy!! Neat Find!! CONGRATS!! Also Great Inscription!! Wouldn't you enjoy knowing the history behind it?? GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

I use a whites XLT and I have found that large gold rings ring in the 30's to 50's. It could be gold!!!

Maybe people threw rings back then too!!! Lol

Awesome Find!! I love finding stuff with dates on them. My first gold ring had 1908 on the inside

I dont see it being plated...I would have it tested for sure...I have found gold before that looked a little off...and the more i handled it, the more it started to shine....you would know right off the bat if that was plated...besides the fact it would problaly ring up in the dime/quarter rang...looks legit to me

What a beautiful piece.

How much fun that would be to find the children of them and get the whole story. Let your local paper know what you have, I bet they would help.

Looks like you have a Tiffany & Co 22k band. They didn't always use the "k". Nice find!

Forget about what it's composed of, what have you done about finding the next of kin?
Don.....
The post is about the find of a ring, not who it belongs to, I see plenty of rings found on this site, that finders don't try and trace the owners to, and ones that have been lost more recently than this one was.

Nice ring coin guy, rings with the inscriptions on the inside ar some times known as posy rings, looks 9kt to me.

SS

From what I can see, I'd bet it is solid gold, not plated. It is a lovely old ring.

This is the inside of another Tiffany & Co 22k ring. You can see the similarity in the mark.

image-47813399.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back