Jul 20, 2013
Middle GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

image.jpg
Looks like some sort of farm tool. Maybe a file or rasp? Maybe had some type of handle. Found horse shoes, tractor parts and model t parts.

Does it have a file type surface? Almost all the files I've seen use a detachable wooden handle that was a wedge fit on the short end. Yours looks to have a built-in handle of some sort. Almost looks like one to hit with a hammer which would eliminate it from being a file.

Upvote 0
Thanks Nola! That is the exact shape closer to the handle. I failed to mention that one side of the blade is flat while the other is rounded. Cuba, you were on to it as we'll but I could not tell if there were any markings associated with a file because of the rust. It was found about 9 inches down? How old do you think it is? Not to far from it, I also found a Ford center wheel hub for a Model A or T. Thanks y'all!

Upvote 0
Chisels like that have been around for quite a while.... It could be anywhere from 1 year to 100 years. The best I can say is to date it by other relics that were at a similar depth nearby.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back