Found old digging tool

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hello everyone.I got to get out a while 7-7-7.I found this old tool.It was about 14 inches deep and under a lot of rocks.i was searching a old home site and a newer home(1940's) had been built over it.I have found several wheaties there and i found five more sat.I have been hunting other sites with not much luck.One is said to have a high chance of silver dollars around.Well i hit that one hard and hardly found anything.Well thanks for looking and HH Wolfbite.

Attachments

• july 022.jpg
    july 022.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 418
  • july 027.jpg
    july 027.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0
Nice Iron hoe there....European manufactured ones were used as trade items with the Indians in the 1800's as well as by our own settlers .....so thats a great find....hope you find your silver!

gypsyheart said:
Nice Iron hoe there....European manufactured ones were used as trade items with the Indians in the 1800's as well as by our own settlers .....so thats a great find....hope you find your silver!
Thanks i thought it may be from the mid 1800's.There was a tribe of indians close by.I found a lot of arrowheads there.And the site is my parents home.I dig there when i visit.I find a lot of mixed items there because the old home site burned down.HH Wolfbite

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back