Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted an old gravel parking lot where I've done pretty good in the past.
Pulled about 50 old beavertail pull tabs, a 1945 wheat, a 1948-s dime and a 1944 half dollar.
IMG_6598.jpg
IMG_6599.jpg

Upvote 47
OK. I looked it up and you can too by typing in "what is a walking liberty half dollar commonly called" in any search engine;

Walkers

Walking Liberty half dollars, affectionately known in the coin industry as “Walkers,” were minted for 31 years, from 1916 to 1947. These coins are composed of 90% silver, and unlike the Kennedy half dollar, it’s virtually unheard of to find one in circulation today.

I thought about digging in gravel. This old homesite I can do partially is in a church gravel lot. I just didn't know how much gravel and if I can even get to soft dirt without exhausting myself
Hose down the ground and let it soak in some? It might help, I've thought about doing exactly that on our old gravel driveway. Maybe break up the ground with a pry bar first

Last edited:
OK. I looked it up and you can too by typing in "what is a walking liberty half dollar commonly called" in any search engine;

Walkers

Walking Liberty half dollars, affectionately known in the coin industry as “Walkers,” were minted for 31 years, from 1916 to 1947. These coins are composed of 90% silver, and unlike the Kennedy half dollar, it’s virtually unheard of to find one in circulation today.
Your citing a "gold buyer" site ?
I know people call em that... its before my time i guess.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back