Found Lost Wedding Band!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My (82!! year old) friend Barbara and I were volunteering in an historical cemetery preservation project and she mentioned she lost her wedding band about three weeks ago. She went on a hike, cut grass, and woke up the next day to discover it missing.

She looked through all the grass clippings and searched the ground area where she cleaned out the clippings to no avail. I popped over to her home and she showed me the area she was working in, and much to our surprise and pleasure, found it nestled in the grass only feet from where she had been working a few weeks ago!

...A little prayer to St. Anthony before starting may have helped πŸ˜‰.

I love these detecting reunions as many of us have experienced!

RRR-Recover, Research. Return
...all kinds of joys!

IMG_6872.jpeg

Upvote 53
Congratulations on a great find and return for your friend! I have had the pleasure of retuning a number of rings and jewelry for friends, relatives and strangers. It is a great feeling!

Great work. The metal detecting gods were smiling on you and I think we should smile on you as well with an honorable mention. I vote honorable mention. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Thanks for all the kind words! As you know, the thrill of a successful find is rewarding in itself! It's great when it works out as I have also had requests to search for a missing object which have not been successful.

Last edited:
Congrats on the great ring find! Got my Honorable Mention vote!

As I recall this is not the first time you have gone on a successful mission like this. Maybe you should get an Honorable mention with an oak leaf cluster.
Thank you!...Oak leaf cluster? Because we are nuts? LOL I have been lucky enough to have a few object reunions with their owners but a couple recently! How observant of you to notice!

My (82!! year old) friend Barbara and I were volunteering in an historical cemetery preservation project and she mentioned she lost her wedding band about three weeks ago. She went on a hike, cut grass, and woke up the next day to discover it missing.

She looked through all the grass clippings and searched the ground area where she cleaned out the clippings to no avail. I popped over to her home and she showed me the area she was working in, and much to our surprise and pleasure, found it nestled in the grass only feet from where she had been working a few weeks ago!

...A little prayer to St. Anthony before starting may have helped πŸ˜‰.

I love these detecting reunions as many of us have experienced!

RRR-Recover, Research. Return
...all kinds of joys!

View attachment 2090794
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

Great job. Certainly deserves an honorable mention for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back