Found it, lost it, then found it again!!!

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Hello all,
Went to an old spot that I havent been to in months. Found this spot when I first bought my detector. I had found a Light Artillery, 1st Regimen, war of 1812 button. I put it down to see what it had come up as on the M6 and either forgot to pick it up or dropped it thinking I put it in my pouch. I was heart broken when I got home and discovered that I did not have it. I had gone back many times to try and find it but no luck. Today was my lucky day because it was sitting right on top of the surface. I think it came up as a nickle. I looked down and thought it was just that until I saw the LA 1. Boy was I excited. I also found a nice 1899 Barber Dime, 1891 IH penny, cool looking pottery and I nice scoville extra fine button, but half of the front is missing. I am going to put it on what is it. I think my butt and fingers were going to fall off by the end of my hunt. It was abotu 12 degrees out. Yikes...
Happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_2145.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2288.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Yes Garabaldi, they are just between a nickel and a pulltab :thumbsup:

Too bad you're probably missing the deep ones, masked ones, or those on edge. And you really think I couldn't find buttons in your tracks? :laughing9: Just the fact you are looking at the screen I know you would miss some of mine, because they don't register!

A lot of the buttons I dig are foil type signals because I dig all even most of the iron :thumbsup: strike one

Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:

Too bad you're probably missing the deep ones, masked ones, or those on edge. And you really think I couldn't find buttons in your tracks? :laughing9: Just the fact you are looking at the screen I know you would miss some of mine, because they don't register!

A lot of the buttons I dig are foil type signals because I dig all even most of the iron :thumbsup: strike one

Sounds like you'd get your a$$ kicked good if you're wasting time digging small iron.

Did you say you are new? ;D

Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:

Sounds like you'd get your a$$ kicked good if you're wasting time digging small iron.

One of my small quarter pieces of a one reale revealed itself an inch or two underneath a small square nail a couple months ago. again, its the only way to get a non-ferrous target in that yard now ::)

Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:

One of my small quarter pieces of a one reale revealed itself an inch or two underneath a small square nail a couple months ago. again, its the only way to get a non-ferrous target in that yard now ::)

Digging small iron is definitely not worth our time here for two reasons. 1) There is much more to find by locating a new site. 2) The plough will move the iron for us.

I really can't imagine digging iron hits hoping there's something below. Sounds like a pretty frustrating way to hunt.

Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:

Digging small iron is definitely not worth our time here for two reasons. 1) There is much more to find by locating a new site. 2) The plough will move the iron for us.

I really can't imagine digging iron hits hoping there's something below. Sounds like a pretty frustrating way to hunt.

It can get frustrating, but sometimes I like to spend an hour or two over there when I have that cut silver craving

Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:

It can get frustrating, but sometimes I like to spend an hour or two over there when I have that cut silver craving

I can't remember the last time we did 3 hunts in a row at the same site. One can kill the smaller sites, and usually the 2nd hunt smokes it enough we're better off to move on. There's always a few targets left but our odds at a great day are better by moving on.

Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
Iron Spiders said:

I can't remember the last time we did 3 hunts in a row at the same site. One can kill the smaller sites, and usually the 2nd hunt smokes it enough we're better off to move on. There's always a few targets left but our odds at a great day are better by moving on.

Yeah for sure, like you said yesterday a lot of the farmers in south dirtyville have never been asked before so they are much more prone to let us go and dig in their fields. every so often we get the response "its been gone over many times but youre welcome to try" . those are the fun ones, just to see how much the guys before you missed

I'm glad you found that button. Poor thing was cold and lonely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back