Found it, lost it, then found it again!!!

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Hello all,
Went to an old spot that I havent been to in months. Found this spot when I first bought my detector. I had found a Light Artillery, 1st Regimen, war of 1812 button. I put it down to see what it had come up as on the M6 and either forgot to pick it up or dropped it thinking I put it in my pouch. I was heart broken when I got home and discovered that I did not have it. I had gone back many times to try and find it but no luck. Today was my lucky day because it was sitting right on top of the surface. I think it came up as a nickle. I looked down and thought it was just that until I saw the LA 1. Boy was I excited. I also found a nice 1899 Barber Dime, 1891 IH penny, cool looking pottery and I nice scoville extra fine button, but half of the front is missing. I am going to put it on what is it. I think my butt and fingers were going to fall off by the end of my hunt. It was abotu 12 degrees out. Yikes...
Happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_2123.JPG
    IMG_2123.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_2141.JPG
    IMG_2141.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_2145.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2288.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
Still getting some great finds . I could not talk myself into going out
today . Tomorrow will be a heat wave at 30 degrees HH Mike

GREAT button, and nice recovery!! Hogge :headbang:

Great story with a happy ending. Congradulations.. I would have fainted when I saw it wasn't there. Good luck, and Happy Hunting....

Old River said:
Great story with a happy ending. Congradulations.. I would have fainted when I saw it wasn't there. Good luck, and Happy Hunting....
I didn't faint, but obsessed and checked my pouch, truck, pouch again, then truck again, then my pouch and truck etc..............
Thanks for all the comments. :icon_thumleft:

Crazy when that happens, a person can look and look, and not find it. Then bang there it is again. Great looking finds you got, sweet patina on the button. :icon_thumright:

That was really luck. Finding the button again. I left my knife in the ground last year near this ball field and went back couple days later and it was still where I left it.
Very nice coin finds.
:hello: HH in 2010 :notworthy: :hello2:

Ah man, so glad you found it again. I would have been heart broken too if I had lost that. Great find....again.

Thanks all.
Finding it the second time had more meaning. :wink:

Nice finds. I did that with a mercury dime once. I lost it then about a week later I found it in the same yard on top of the ground.
Dman

I did the same thing to a lesser degree when i found and lost this pistol bullet at a camp site. I had forgotten my pouch that day and just stuck it in my pocket i forgot had a hole in it. I remembered the location of the hole and foundthe bullet about 10 feet away

I specifically know the feeling!! Glad you found her!!! I lost an 1812 era, 1st Regt., Artillery button. The Gods of Metal Detecting allowed me to find her again!! I was pulling what little hair I have left out of my head with regret until I got her back!!

Great Find!! And double recovery!!! ;-)

HH,
Sneaky6

I'm glad you were able to find that button again. It's not one a person finds everyday.

Love diggin these type nickles. :wink:

Iron Spiders said:
Yes Garabaldi, they are just between a nickel and a pulltab :thumbsup:

Too bad you're probably missing the deep ones, masked ones, or those on edge. And you really think I couldn't find buttons in your tracks? :laughing9: Just the fact you are looking at the screen I know you would miss some of mine, because they don't register!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back