FOUND CAPPED BUST HALF DIME oh yeah

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• image-2878382210.jpg
    image-2878382210.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 14
Nice silver! :thumbsup: I'm still looking for one of those.... the old silver keeps eluding me. Congrats!

Oh I am and get this the DEUS hit it at around 8 or 9's with square nails in the same hole I found 3 of EM before the coin then two more after finding the coin while re checking my plug!! I'm stoked I love a good capped bust, now I just need the dollar version......lmao!!!!

Awesome coin! If its not a key date, I'd probably consider cleaning that up with the aluminum foil by wetting it and wrapping it tightly in the foil....it will remove the corrosion from the water quite well. Congrats on a great find!

Nice find, those are cool little coins!

Awesome find! And thank you for your service to our country.

very nice coin! this guys a bit jealous:notworthy:

Nice catch on the half dime.

Thanks everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted I e been caught up with hunting 5 days a week and trying to make these videos! But I love half dimes there my favorite coins! Anyhow check out my you tube channel (502petrie) I e got some good hunts and ctx vs DEUS comparisons!!

sweet! man, how I'd love to dig something like that.

A soaking in just plain old ammonia will probably do wonders on getting the crud off. Ammonia doesn't react with silver. I usually soak my silver finds until a cloudy haze starts to build up around the coin, and then wipe it gently with a qtip wet with ammonia. I usually rinse and repeat until nothing comes off onto the qtip and leave it at that. There might be some staining of the surface of the silver, but all of the crud should dissolve off. Maybe try it on some newer silver coins first to see how well it works.

Awesome coin! If its not a key date, I'd probably consider cleaning that up with the aluminum foil by wetting it and wrapping it tightly in the foil....it will remove the corrosion from the water quite well. Congrats on a great find!

PM me that Erik I've been told to do this and boil on the stove please explain I'd like to try it! How long do I let it sit!! By the way thanks for the 2x's and beeswax!

Congratz on the nice coin ,it seems to still have nice detail . imo always be careful when using any cleaning methods ,[ NOT that you have gotten any bad advice ].

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back