Found buckle or waist plate, pre civil war? Need help with era

NHDirtShark

May 25, 2022

Attachments

• 20240906_190807.jpg
    20240906_190807.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 131
Upvote 31
Thanks, first target on a new permission. Totally shocked by that one.
I hope I can get a solid ID on it.
That's a great way to start a hunt! looks like a civil war buckle but I'm no expert. I'm in Ohio and have found several civil war buttons but no buckles. What state are you in and what kind of detector are you using?

I got rid of my buckle book some years ago but I think it's a pre Civil War piece. Nice find.

AMAZING FIND !!!

That's a great way to start a hunt! looks like a civil war buckle but I'm no expert. I'm in Ohio and have found several civil war buttons but no buckles. What state are you in and what kind of detector are you using?
I am in southern NH.
This land owner had their lawn scraped when they put in a new sewer line so half their lawn was just sweet easy to dig dirt.

I also found a buffalo nickel, and IHP and an old squashed junker ring.

Absolutely no modern junk or foil, like heaven To dig.

I am using the Deus 2 with the 11x13 coil sensitive full tones stock program.
But I probably could have found this belt plate with a bounty hunter. Was 2-3 inches down, literally the first target.

I haven't found a nice old relic for quite a while. Had multiple days finding nothing except poison ivy, lol. So I can finish the season feeling good.

I am in southern NH.
This land owner had their lawn scraped when they put in a new sewer line so half their lawn was just sweet easy to dig dirt.

I also found a buffalo nickel, and IHP and an old squashed junker ring.

Absolutely no modern junk or foil, like heaven To dig.

I am using the Deus 2 with the 11x13 coil sensitive full tones stock program.
But I probably could have found this belt plate with a bounty hunter. Was 2-3 inches down, literally the first target.

I haven't found a nice old relic for quite a while. Had multiple days finding nothing except poison ivy, lol. So I can finish the season feeling good.
wow! that will make your day, week, month etc.

wow! that will make your day, week, month etc.

It does.
Showed the home owner they were blown away, and they were prepared to let me keep it. But they said they would frame it and display it as part of the homes history so I told them I wanted them to have it.

Today I found a V nickel in amazing condition, a small cuff button and a crusty dandy button. Not a bad morning.

They gave me free rein to detect the rest of the grassy grounds and I did scout out a few signals here and there, so it ain't over.

I am really looking for a large copper, large silver, any silver lol, or a reale. So wish me luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back