DoranHashemi

Mar 12, 2013
Savannah, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any ideas? image.jpg

It kinda looks like the knob and shaft of a possible transit or engineering instrument where the fingers fine tuned a calibration. Just a guess.

Upvote 0
It kinda resembles a broken firing pin to me.

Attachments

• imagesCA4G6PUD.jpg
    imagesCA4G6PUD.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 148
  • imagesCA026SLG.jpg
    imagesCA026SLG.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 128
  • imagesCAJLAWKQ.jpg
    imagesCAJLAWKQ.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 130
  • imagesCAN8BSVL.jpg
    imagesCAN8BSVL.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sure does Dan but what do you think about the serrations on the end or knob? It almost looks like it took a snap ring on the opposite end? :dontknow:

Upvote 0
I agree with the snap ring groove. And the other end looks to be able to pivot within a socket. I'd momentarily thought about a pushrod from a brake system master cylinder, but I don't think its that... it's just similar in functionality.
It almost looks like there's a wear line half way up on the shaft, and also maybe a couple of holes plugged up on the lower half? Or am I just seeing things (again)?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your ideas. Where we are searching is heavily used during ww1. Doesn't mean this dates to that time but most relics we dig up are ww1 era. It's called officers row cause that's where the officers during ww1 stayed. We've found countless numbers of buttons, pins, and cartridges from that time range. Historical society has a lot of our finds

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back