Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best find today was not found with my detector. It was a new little friend, but he didn’t stay around long. He was in a real hurry to go swimming for some reason and once he hit the water I didn’t see him again.

I was finishing up my detecting this morning when I spotted tracks in the sand that looked like baby turtle tracks. The beach in front of the condo we are in has turtles coming ashore every night to lay their eggs. I looked up toward the dune and spotted a little guy going down the beach toward the water as fast as his flippers would take him. This was 8:30 on a sunny morning and these guys usually hatch at night so this guy was a little late to the party. I took a couple of stills and some videos, but I can’t post videos so I took some screen shots to post with the stills. I believe it is a baby green sea turtle from what I can find on line.

You can see that all the babies came up out of the same hole in the sand. They then spread out and literally made track to the ocean.

IMG_6470.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

This one worked his way in a bee line toward the water going down into foot prints and over small sand piles to get to his destination.

IMG_6462.jpeg

He got right up to the water as the wave started to recede.

IMG_6473.jpeg

But he caught the next wave and was gone in a splash.

IMG_6472.jpeg

One nice thing about detecting is you spend a lot of time outdoors and get a chance to see flowers and animals a lot of other people who stay indoors miss.

IMG_6461.jpeg

I’ll report on the detecting finds when I get back home. So far it has been pretty sad. At least I got to make a new friend. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things even if they aren’t made of metal.

Attachments

• IMG_6474.jpeg
    IMG_6474.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6469.jpeg
    IMG_6469.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6463.jpeg
    IMG_6463.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 44
Great move in helping the "little dude" on to the ocean. Many years ago my wife and I were on vacation on Mexico's west coast and got to watch a release of newly hatched turtles. Speedy littey guys when they are headed to the ocean! It was great to see.

The best find today was not found with my detector. It was a new little friend, but he didn’t stay around long. He was in a real hurry to go swimming for some reason and once he hit the water I didn’t see him again.

I was finishing up my detecting this morning when I spotted tracks in the sand that looked like baby turtle tracks. The beach in front of the condo we are in has turtles coming ashore every night to lay their eggs. I looked up toward the dune and spotted a little guy going down the beach toward the water as fast as his flippers would take him. This was 8:30 on a sunny morning and these guys usually hatch at night so this guy was a little late to the party. I took a couple of stills and some videos, but I can’t post videos so I took some screen shots to post with the stills. I believe it is a baby green sea turtle from what I can find on line.

You can see that all the babies came up out of the same hole in the sand. They then spread out and literally made track to the ocean.

View attachment 2092331

View attachment 2092332

This one worked his way in a bee line toward the water going down into foot prints and over small sand piles to get to his destination.

View attachment 2092334

He got right up to the water as the wave started to recede.

View attachment 2092336

But he caught the next wave and was gone in a splash.

View attachment 2092337

One nice thing about detecting is you spend a lot of time outdoors and get a chance to see flowers and animals a lot of other people who stay indoors miss.

View attachment 2092338

I’ll report on the detecting finds when I get back home. So far it has been pretty sad. At least I got to make a new friend. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things even if they aren’t made of metal.
Awesome Pics of the little sea Turtle!!! Thanks!!!

What a great post tnt-hunter! Who doesn't love seeing a baby turtle. I agree with you 100% ...detecting gets us out in the wonders of the natural world. I'm always amazed when I can spend 3-4 hours in the woods and not come across another human being. Their loss!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back