Found a Heart Stopper today!

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
I checked out a small state park near my home this (very hot) afternoon... I was thinking about the playground and was disappointed to only find one new penny there. I wandered around the picnic area - and by the way - this place was beautiful! I'm in central Florida and was just about alone in this park full of wildlife; including one enormous snapping turtle that I gave a wide berth to! I could hear alligators and saw magnificent birds... but I digress! In the picnic area I was finding the requisite pop tops and foil... and went for just one more foil signal - and out of the ground pops this beautiful ring! It's my third - and my best find to date. After my pulse began to return to normal, I noted that the gold had just about worn off the bottom of the band... OK, so, it's not 10K or 14K... I just did some checking online and the word "Seta' inscribed inside the ring tells me that it's probably a knock-off/human-made diamond substitute/CZ crap whatever... In any event - I'm still pretty delighted! At least I know how it might feel to find 'the real thing'! Next time....!
Ruth

Attachments

• Heart Stopper.jpg
    Heart Stopper.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 686
  • Heart Stopper Side View.jpg
    Heart Stopper Side View.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 690
Upvote 0
Had a similar feeling the other night at a local city park... popped up what surely appeared to be gold women's wedding band, but after I got it home and cleaned it up I could tell that it was gold plated... :(

Nive ring... where are you in central florida I am in Ocala Florida and have a IDX Classic SL took it to the beach yesturday and it did not like the wet sand at all.. did my best finds in the dry sand. you ever take your IDX to the beach?...

Morris
Ocala,Fl

Congrats anyways! Any jewelry finds beats clad any day. I'd rather have one unusual find than a handful of clads.

I think I would freak out and have a stroke befre i found out wether or not it was real.

Great find SaintSea!

JT

Nice find,

looks a bit older!

HH

lonewolfe

I agree with you, Lonewolfe - that's what set my heart to pounding in the first place.... who knows - I'm going to have a jeweler check it out for me anyway.

If that ring came in as foil I am supprised it's not gold!! Did it come out of the ground looking like that or require cleaning? It's a nice find either way.

The ring came up in the foil/gold area of my meter - I even threw it back on the ground and reconfirmed it once I realized that the gold layer seemed to have begun to wear off in spots... It came out of the ground pretty much the way it looks; it was only about an inch into some very dark, rich, wet earth that had been covered by leaves. I rinsed it in the park's water drinking fountain hoping to be able to locate a number with a K inside the band - but, well, you know the story.
Ruth

Nice ring, and cool find.... My daughter has one that is near as i can tell identical, The stone in her's is White or Clear Topaz. You might have it checked. I've seen some stone's i was sure were diamond's, and in a sense they were, They are faceted "Herkimer Diamond's' They dig them in New York. You might check the spelling? But the stones sometimes bring a nice premium. Herkimer, N.Y.
Since i can't spell it, Google it.

Cool Find, HH

ozzysdad....

Love them heart stoppers, WTG!!!
Very nice looking ring...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Wow, beautiful ring Ruth. Intricate, old looking design! Unless you're only in the hunt for the monetary value of your finds, this is a great addition to any collection. Way to dig those crap signals! Keep doin' what you're doin'~CO2

That is B E A U TIFUL. I think it looks old too. Very nice no matter what it is.? :P HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back