Found a Flying Eagle Cent Today

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got two new permissions today. The house on the first property is going to be demolish. It has an old spring house on the property. But I think the house was a rental house and the only thing I was finding was beer cans on the property. So I moved on to the second house two doors down and things got a little better. There was on trash [beer cans] on the property.
My first find on the second property was a large buckle. Not to far from the buckle I found a Flying Eagle penny. There's no date on the cent and it's worn smooth but I can still make out the Flying Eagle.

IMG_1190.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1181.jpeg
    IMG_1181.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1184.jpeg
    IMG_1184.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
Upvote 33
I got two new permissions today. The house on the first property is going to be demolish. It has an old spring house on the property. But I think the house was a rental house and the only thing I was finding was beer cans on the property. So I moved on to the second house two doors down and things got a little better. There was on trash [beer cans] on the property.
My first find on the second property was a large buckle. Not to far from the buckle I found a Flying Eagle penny. There's no date on the cent and it's worn smooth but I can still make out the Flying Eagle.

View attachment 2163587
Nice penny. They were only minted for a few years, so that helps on the guessing. What type of detector are you using? I may need to upgrade, never had a hit deep enough to need a backhoe.

Nice penny. They were only minted for a few years, so that helps on the guessing. What type of detector are you using? I may need to upgrade, never had a hit deep enough to need a backhoe.
I started out using my Manticore. But I found the buckle and penny with the Deus 2 WS6 master using a 9" coil.

View attachment 2163587
big time gratz on the flying eagle, still looking for my first. WTG

Great find. I wish you pulled it out and saw 1856 clear across it. That would have bumped it up a notch.

After doing some cleaning with a Andre pencil and putting some Renaissance wax the FE. I was able to get a date. I can see it's a 1858 Flying Eagle.

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

View attachment 2163587
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2163587
That is a great day in my book!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back