yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REALLY sorry- my camera/phone got an unexpected dunk...no pics... So- I eye-balled a little 4-hole (brass?) button, about the size of a modern dime, marked- on the front- Sandman & Crane 55 Regent St (nothing on the back). I tried to look it up and found a 'Men's Hosier's' of the same name- in London in the early 1800's. The date on the article said 1830(?)- I think it was an old add. One of those horrible 'full text' sites that offers one word per line, a lot of spaces and gaps in the text, and a lot of /*$7)3?/ (literally- looks like that). My question is- does anyone know anything about this manufacturer, and how old the company is/was. It was found on the shore of an active area during the Revolution. My first thought was- I've found a button to an Englishman's drawers! Can anyone verify anything about this company?
Thanks so much for any information! Yakker

Last edited:
Sandland & Crane? (rather than Sandman?) I find several listings for them at that address in London 1880's-early 1900's. Men's fancy clothing stuff.

Upvote 0
oops- yeah Sandman. Sorry about that. I saw adds for late 1800's early 1900's, but also for a regent street business of same name for early 1800's. I'll have to look again. Thanks. Yak

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back