Found a 1830s L& Kendrick Button with guild still on the back.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a 1830's L& Kendrick Button with guild still on the back.

Found this small button early into my hunt tonight next to the bean field. It cleaned up real nice. There is some guild still on the back. It was 1 inch down. I guess it had been plowed around over the years but no damage. I also found another shotgun shell, the same as the one I found last night. I was told it dates to the 1900's. My hunt was cut short as the owners daughter showed up with her husband to cut the grass.... yes! She said that they are going to break up the 90 acres of land because they can't sell the place. It's been on the market 2 years. That will be a shame if they do that. It will turn into 5 acre housing tracts.

Picture505.jpg

Picture506.jpg

Picture507.jpg

Picture508.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Picture509.jpg

Picture511.jpg

Thanks for looking, Ron

Upvote 0
Re: Found a 1830's L& Kendrick Button with guild still on the back.

BuckleBoy said:
Nice button! :thumbsup:

Using some Aluminum Jelly will keep more of that gold gilding on.

I made a post about cleaning buttons in the Preservation threads--and I've got a good example of cleaning a gilded flat button on my post from tonight in Today's Finds.
Thanks for the information and thanks tymcmurray

Regards,

Buckleboy

Very nice button and still in great shape for one that old. WTG :thumbsup:

Thanks TimC and spouse. Everything about that place has been kind to coins and other finds :thumbsup:

Bumping a 13 year old thread because I found one, too today. This was in Minnesota, which makes this a very early find for our area.

L & Kendricks Button.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back