Found 44 Old Coins Today

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was just one of those days. I met up with Tony around 9am. We hunted maybe 30-45min before the rain started coming down pretty hard. Tony was having some detector troubles. So we went out to get some tape, new earbuds, and some food. It was probably close to 1 before we got back out there again to really do any damage. Then hunted for 2 hours and then it rained again for another hour. Then we detected for a few more hours after that. His detector would work for a bit, then stop, then repeat.

I honestly believe I could have broken 50 wheats today had it not rained for about half of our detecting time. Basically everything I dug today was old. I'm still in shock about how many wheats I found!

Total Finds:
1 Indian Head (1896)
37 Wheats
1 Silver Roosevelt Dime
5 Mercury Dimes (1918D, 1920, 1942, 1943, 1943D)
Gold-Plated pin with an "h" on it

09-12-08.JPG

09-12-082.JPG

Upvote 0
Have you been hunting a park in greenfield or indy? Ive been stuck here in Fortville for the past 6 weeks working 7 days a week remodeling a house. Good to see the rains the ground was getting too hard. I did get to hunt in my new yard for about 30 min before my wife caught me slacking. Found 2 merc and a few wheats. Ill be glad to get done so i can get back to detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back