Found 44 Old Coins Today

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was just one of those days. I met up with Tony around 9am. We hunted maybe 30-45min before the rain started coming down pretty hard. Tony was having some detector troubles. So we went out to get some tape, new earbuds, and some food. It was probably close to 1 before we got back out there again to really do any damage. Then hunted for 2 hours and then it rained again for another hour. Then we detected for a few more hours after that. His detector would work for a bit, then stop, then repeat.

I honestly believe I could have broken 50 wheats today had it not rained for about half of our detecting time. Basically everything I dug today was old. I'm still in shock about how many wheats I found!

Total Finds:
1 Indian Head (1896)
37 Wheats
1 Silver Roosevelt Dime
5 Mercury Dimes (1918D, 1920, 1942, 1943, 1943D)
Gold-Plated pin with an "h" on it

09-12-08.JPG

09-12-082.JPG

Upvote 0
kimsdad said:
Look at all those gorgeous Mercs!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on the great hunt!

BTW, what coil were you using?

I use the new 11" Pro coil. It's the only way to detect. ;)

kimsdad said:
Sure looks like it! I'd have one, too, but they're on backorder..... >:(

You pull some great stuff out with it for sure!

Yeah, the new coil is pretty incredible. Three of the mercurys today were straight up and down at about 5" deep.

Hey Brian

I had a 50 + wheat day a couple years ago. It took me less then 10 minutes. It was a roll of wheats buried about 4 inches down.
It was a riot digging them up.

Congrats on those finds,,,

That is really great, BSCO!

Lady Liberty dimes are a sharp looking coin!

What a great spot you found.

Thanks for posting pics.

Best
rmptr

Super sweet.

A big shot of mercs. with a cool wheatie's chaser.
Niiaace.

Good luck,
HH.

to bad those pesky silvers got in the way you could have broke the 50 wheat's. ;D

Awsome "B" !

looks like you got a great spot there.

What type of site is this? House....school..park? Whatever it is it sure produced nicely for you. :thumbsup: Get back there and find some more. :icon_sunny:

Way to go bscofield6 ! I cant wait to get my hands on that new pro coil :thumbsup: excellent finds :wink:

Colonial KirkPA said:
I hope you didn't find those in my backyard. ::)

Keep at it!

Kirk

They ALL came from your backyard. I heard some crazy guys out east throw their "modern" coinage away, so I thought I would go pick them up. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back