SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was determined today to try and find some Gold so I knew I had to dig every pulltab signal. My E-TRAC gives a reading of 12-25 to 12-28 when sensing the famous and not so rare pulltabs. So I get a reading of 12-25 and fully expect to dig another one and this beauty shows it self...

P8220379.JPG

P8220390.JPG

P8220392.JPG

It's from the class of 1971 at Pioneer High School located in Ann Arbor, Michigan and it's in great shape! Now I will start the process of locating the owner and get it back to him hopefully. He would be two years younger than me and hope he still lives in the area.

Here's the trash I dug! Wish a Gold ring surfaced every time I dug just twenty pulltabs!

P8220376.JPG

I managed to find some clad and two wheat pennies but haven't even looked at the dates on them yet!

Upvote 28
Good luck with the return!

Almost my year...I lost my '72 class ring about a week after I got it. Waiting to find it here on TNet. Gary

Excellent! It is amazing to me that a ring that big sounds just like a thin pulltab.

Congrats on the gold ring find. Good luck with the return.

Nice find. Hope you are able to find the owner. And just as you, I have found a few gold rings where I thought it was just another pull tab. Needless to say I have learned my detector a little bit better each time I go out but when in doubt.........dig!

awesome. Hopefully you can find him and return it. Hopefully his name isn't on the Vietnam memorial wall

Excellent! It is amazing to me that a ring that big sounds just like a thin pulltab.

Agree xr7ator. The ring was flat when I dug it which explains the lower conductance reading of 25. When I laid it on the ground to position the more massive top of the ring facing upward, it read around 12-35.

Awesome find I went to pioneer so fid Bob Sieger I waited for ya at the arb last couple weeks ago .Figured life got in the way, all good hit me up I miss detecting with ya. Where did you find that prize Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back