Found 1807 Reale (My First) + Colonial Finds KIRKPA WAS RIGHT

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
VOL1266x and I went back to the colonial site we have been hunting. KIRKPA saw my other post and said there should be old silver there. He was right! I dug the 1807 Reale from about 8 inches. The 1807 Reale is the first Reale I have ever dug. I also dug 4 flat buttons, 3 were about the size of a penny, the other was a cuff button. I found 4 buckles, I think 3 are shoe buckles, one an equipment buckle. Vol dug an Eagle button with gold gilt on it. He used about half of my bottle of water to clean it up. He thought it may have been a Civil War New York button. He was all excited using my water up. He realized it was an Eagle button and handed it to me to look at. I then realized it was a World War II Eagle button. Vol went from being elated to disgusted in a matter of seconds. I wished he had used his own drink to clean his button with. I also dug a carved .69 caliber bullet. It looks like the soldier cut off the base and carved notches in it. I later found a couple of old knives and a Burnside bullet. The last thing I found was a glass bottle. There was a piece of iron next to it and that is why I got lucky and found the milk bottle at about 6 inches deep. I think there once was a dairy close by. Thanks for looking.
Dman

Attachments

• DSC01073.JPG
    DSC01073.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 899
  • DSC01081.JPG
    DSC01081.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 908
  • DSC01076.JPG
    DSC01076.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 904
  • DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 917
  • DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 898
Upvote 0
tHATS amazing, Spanish silver motivates me...I'd like to find one like this one day!

Sniffy said:
tHATS amazing, Spanish silver motivates me...I'd like to find one like this one day!

Anyone who finds early coppers will find Spanish. Was just too many around to not get lucky at some point.

You neglected to tell everyone about leaving your relic hunting boots in your truck and my refusing to take you the short distance back to get them. That's the first time I have taken a clown relic hunting in tennis shoes-LOL. Back to hunting Confederate relics in the rain tomorrow!!! You will need your boots for sure.

That's an excellent find! I love the CW finds too, but you gotta love Spanish Silver when it shows itself.

I'm giving this post Two Thumbs Up.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

VOL1266-X said:
You neglected to tell everyone about leaving your relic hunting boots in your truck and my refusing to take you the short distance back to get them. That's the first time I have taken a clown relic hunting in tennis shoes-LOL. Back to hunting Confederate relics in the rain tomorrow!!! You will need your boots for sure.

Tennis shoes? :dontknow: Tennis shoes? :icon_scratch: Tennis shoes!!! :laughing9:
You guys are quite the comical team. Roll some film on your hunts. :thumbsup:
Don't feel bad Dman, I detected with steel toe boots ONCE and dug a hole to China! :o
-Doug-

Mackaydon said:
Actually, I believe your coin is a 1/2 real, not a 1 real. The 1/2 real is noted by a simple "R"; the 1 real would show "I R".
The coin is .896 fine silver and should measure about 18mm in diameter. Mexico City Mint. Nice coin; great find!
Don.....
Thanks for the info. I do not know much about Real's.
Dman

ModernMiner said:
VOL1266-X said:

Tennis shoes? :dontknow: Tennis shoes? :icon_scratch: Tennis shoes!!! :laughing9:
You guys are quite the comical team. Roll some film on your hunts. :thumbsup:
Don't feel bad Dman, I detected with steel toe boots ONCE and dug a hole to China! :o
-Doug-

Um....flip flops could'a been worse? :-X :D

WOW! Just saw this one, way to go on the great looking piece of silver :hello2: Great hunt you had.

Nana40 said:
:o BURT! :o

:o OH MY GOSH! What a stunning find!!!! :icon_pirat: I want one too! :D Dang, you did good! You gotta start wearing those glasses! I hope you're back out there today looking for another. Heck, maybe Brad will find one too!! Just WoW! :love10: Love that find!!! Many congrats to ya!

ps.. MM...I'll bring a case of water, you run by Walmart and get Burt a pair of glasses. :D

Nana
Now that's funny. You and MM should have a comedy show. I do hope you find a reale soon.

A big congrats on your first reale :thumbsup: !! Like all the other great relics to thats a great site.

Very awsome finds Dman. It sure looks real to me. That's a keeper. :laughing7: Your lucky he didn't take the rest of your water and poured it on you and say: cool off. ;D OPPS. Hope I didn't give him ideas. :sign13:
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Knightwalker said:
Very awsome finds Dman. It sure looks real to me. That's a keeper. :laughing7: Your lucky he didn't take the rest of your water and poured it on you and say: cool off. ;D OPPS. Hope I didn't give him ideas. :sign13:
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW
Thanks for that idea KW!!! I didn't need to pour water on him today as we were in heavy rain at times. It was a pitiful sight to see Dman, Josh, and myself huddled inside a large old steel water tank that was turned on its side in a field to escape the rain and wind at least half a mile from our trucks.. We hunted a while when the rain let up and called it a day. Josh did find a nice CW .45 cal. bullet for a country rifle near the CSA Camp. Spring weather in Tennessee is an adventure. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back