Fossil hunt yesterday

naturegirl said:
Wow, those are cool! There's just not a lot of fossils in my part of the country. Or I just haven't started finding them yet. Thanks for the pics.

ng

Thanks, Some places don't have many, we have the 'coal mine fossils,', & petrified wood all over the area, it's hard to not find at least the 'casts' in rocks' about everywhere you go, also some ancient 'sea sediment' in this area.

Fossis............

P.B. and Dylan said:
Love that fern. That is really great detail.

It's amazing that they came out so clear, I have some with each little leaf showing lines on them.

Fossis............

Did you pick up this preform?
Newt

Attachments

• Fossil_hunt_yesterday_005[1].JPG
    Fossil_hunt_yesterday_005[1].JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 373
That is great. I know here in Osage Co you can find some stuff but not on that level. Candy creek has some things to be found. Mainly just small bivalves but its cool to pick up while arrowhead hunting. Your site is amazing and if you ever want some company dont hesitate to ask LOL! Thanks for sharing...this should get my lazy can back out in the field.

ammo_u said:
That is great. I know here in Osage Co you can find some stuff but not on that level. Candy creek has some things to be found. Mainly just small bivalves but its cool to pick up while arrowhead hunting. Your site is amazing and if you ever want some company dont hesitate to ask LOL! Thanks for sharing...this should get my lazy can back out in the field.

Thanks for the comments.

Fossis............

Newt said:
Did you pick up this preform?
Newt

I think it's just a piece of shale, but i might go back & check. :thumbsup:

Fossis..........

Very nice finds my friend! :thumbsup:
I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Timberwolf

Timber Elf said:
Very nice finds my friend! :thumbsup:
I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Timberwolf

Thanks, & may 'you & yours' have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year also.

Fossis.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back