Forum For The New Legend

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my new Legend Pro Pack tonight. It already has the 1.05 update installed. I have a lot of reading to do and much to try to remember.
Charging the external battery and the light flashes red/green, I assume that when it is fully charged it will just stay green.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got my new Legend Pro Pack tonight. It already has the 1.05 update installed. I have a lot of reading to do and much to try to remember.
Charging the external battery and the light flashes red/green, I assume that when it is fully charged it will just stay green.
that is correct and yes i would suggest to read the manual several times also search videos quarter hoarder has a good one up on youtube where he goes over all the different settings on the Legend

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to find this new forum, thanks. On 3/21 I won the Legend Lottery. Called Garry at Treasure Coast Metal Detectors to ask if they happened to have a Legend available to look over. "No", but he had 2 coming in and would be picking them up at the end of the day. If they arrive as he was told He also told me a little about the one he owned and how it was working out for him. Well, if they are so hard to come by, and he's only getting two, I said I'll take one and I'll see you in the morning. Got a text at 1: 45 tipping me off to a video to watch which I would find to be a big help. Turned out to be Quarter Hoarders outstanding intro to the Legend. At 3;30 I get another text saying he has picked up the two detectors already and they are in the shop now, and he was willing to stay after closing if I wanted to drive down. Can you believe that kind of customer service these days!? And gave me a free nice looking tee from Treasure Coast Metal Detectors. Good people down there at this shop. Chatted a while, couldn't have been nicer. But it was. His shop is actually in an army surplus business and while I was there they filled 3 giant military duffle bags with camo outfits headed to Ukraine. AND THEN...
Garry calls the next day to see how I'm doing with the new machine, and let me know that he had been back out and how he had overcome one of the problems he was having in wet sand. Also to let me know about the 1.05 software update.
Have been out for some short trials, a old school park, couple of beaches. It's a steep learning curve for me sine I'm jumping up from a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. Got some modern coins, and plenty of trash. I'll try to keep you posted as I learn.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy to find this new forum, thanks. On 3/21 I won the Legend Lottery. Called Garry at Treasure Coast Metal Detectors to ask if they happened to have a Legend available to look over. "No", but he had 2 coming in and would be picking them up at the end of the day. If they arrive as he was told He also told me a little about the one he owned and how it was working out for him. Well, if they are so hard to come by, and he's only getting two, I said I'll take one and I'll see you in the morning. Got a text at 1: 45 tipping me off to a video to watch which I would find to be a big help. Turned out to be Quarter Hoarders outstanding intro to the Legend. At 3;30 I get another text saying he has picked up the two detectors already and they are in the shop now, and he was willing to stay after closing if I wanted to drive down. Can you believe that kind of customer service these days!? And gave me a free nice looking tee from Treasure Coast Metal Detectors. Good people down there at this shop. Chatted a while, couldn't have been nicer. But it was. His shop is actually in an army surplus business and while I was there they filled 3 giant military duffle bags with camo outfits headed to Ukraine. AND THEN...
Garry calls the next day to see how I'm doing with the new machine, and let me know that he had been back out and how he had overcome one of the problems he was having in wet sand. Also to let me know about the 1.05 software update.
Have been out for some short trials, a old school park, couple of beaches. It's a steep learning curve for me sine I'm jumping up from a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. Got some modern coins, and plenty of trash. I'll try to keep you posted as I learn.
Yes, there is a bunch of stuff to learn with the Legend. One nice thing about it is that you can just power on and not have to adjust/tweak anything, not even a ground balance, just turn on and go for it as you learn the box

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that is a great story of service, I am loving my Legend more and more every time I go out and play the Legend is turning out to be exactly as Delik and Nokta/Macro said it would be, and once all the updates get in I believe its going to turn out to be more then was said, I do not hunt beaches which could change if California falls into the Pacific some day LOL, but for rite now I am very happy with the performance of the Legend in the ground I detect

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first test drive with the legend in my back yard which I have combed with my bounty hunter and ace 400 through the years. Found a nice 1941 wheatie at around 3 1/2 inched. Lucky me.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first (self inflicted) problem solved. First time out I worked at getting it tuned a little and then accidently turned it off, more than once, because I was not used to it and could not see the recessed icons very well at all. Hoping whoever is testing for Nokta will suggest they modify the buttons in the future. Flexible, waterproof adhesive caulk did the trick. Put a dab on the button, wipe the top surface with a damp cloth. Has held up very well for over 2 weeks now. Been in the salt water, but not under. After a little more test time I'll do the others.
Happy with the Legend so far. Still in the tuning stage for the salt water. found only modern coins and trash so far, which was consistent with where I was detecting.
In reading some of the discussions comparing the Legend to some of the more popular high end machines I get even more satisfied with my decision to buy this one just by the fact that it's even good enough to be compared to them. Wouldn't be happening if it was not outstanding, as they are, and economically superior.
DSCN4007.JPG

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first (self inflicted) problem solved. First time out I worked at getting it tuned a little and then accidently turned it off, more than once, because I was not used to it and could not see the recessed icons very well at all. Hoping whoever is testing for Nokta will suggest they modify the buttons in the future. Flexible, waterproof adhesive caulk did the trick. Put a dab on the button, wipe the top surface with a damp cloth. Has held up very well for over 2 weeks now. Been in the salt water, but not under. After a little more test time I'll do the others.
Happy with the Legend so far. Still in the tuning stage for the salt water. found only modern coins and trash so far, which was consistent with where I was detecting.
In reading some of the discussions comparing the Legend to some of the more popular high end machines I get even more satisfied with my decision to buy this one just by the fact that it's even good enough to be compared to them. Wouldn't be happening if it was not outstanding, as they are, and economically superior.
View attachment 2019465
looks good

I used a extra fine tipped paint pen and did all my buttons in gold except the two left and right arrows

Attachments

• special edition Legend 1.jpg
    special edition Legend 1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 113

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Both of ya'll got good ideas to make them dog gone buttons show up better
I had no choice the buttons were to dang blended in to everything else which made them really difficult to see while learning the Legend the color of the buttons are my one and only complaint with the legend but it was a simple fix

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received this email today :
First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind words and your very valuable feedback!

We will share your feedback with our team.

The warranty period starts from the date of purchase.

Please keep your receipt.

By the way, You can do the Warranty registration from; https://www.noktadetectors.com/product-registration/

For more details please read the Warranty Policy;

https://www.noktadetectors.com/warranty-policy/

Best regards!

Burak Tunc

Regional Sales Representative

Açıklama: Açıklama: Logo

NOKTA & MAKRO DETECTION TECHNOLOGIES

Emek Mahallesi, Sivatyolu Caddesi, Sakiz Sokak - No: 4 / Kat: 2

34785, Sancaktepe - Istanbul, Turkey
Tel : +90 216 415 56 86
Fax : +90 216 415 63 43
Mobile: +90 544 789 39 59

E-Mail: [email protected]

Web : www.noktadetectors.com

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shameless plug for Nokta Makro and the Legend! After I uncovered this WWII explosive detonator, and the bomb squad was figuring out how to remove it from the beach, a reporter showed up and wanted to do a video interview. I said I would consent only if he made sure too include a couple of good shots of the detector that found it. This should make them happy at Nokta.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am certain that all you experienced Legend owners have learned this already, but this suggestion is for new owners and those still anticipating becoming new owners.

If you are detecting the beaches and shallow water, especially saltwater beaches, remove the lower and middle rods from the upper rod and control box as soon as possible and separate them without collapsing the entire unit for transporting. If you are fortunate enough to have a shower or faucet access, rinse them right away. This machine is made to fit together so well that even a little sand can really cause some difficulty in sliding them into the next piece. And just a few grains of sand can really scratch up the rods as they slide in and out of each other. Once rinsed off the lower rod only needs to be wiped off, but I found that running a cloth through the middle and upper pieces was a good idea. After that they slide into each other smooth as silk. No water available where you going? Carry an extra bottle or two, or clean when you get home. I love the way this shaft goes together, and with no wobble, and locks up tight. Is that an inconvenience? Not for me. I sure clean my 365 every time I use it too. Protect your investment.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where to put this question, but I asked it on a Simplex thread also. I have a Legend, grandson's Simplex arrives today. Question was presented over there about charging the WHPs. Can't find my WHP instructions to verify. Is a 5V 1A charger a requirement or a minimum for the headphones. Will appreciate all opinions , but would like to know what the written word is. Old habit, I'm the same with my Bible.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure where to put this question, but I asked it on a Simplex thread also. I have a Legend, grandson's Simplex arrives today. Question was presented over there about charging the WHPs. Can't find my WHP instructions to verify. Is a 5V 1A charger a requirement or a minimum for the headphones. Will appreciate all opinions , but would like to know what the written word is. Old habit, I'm the same with my Bible.
I use my Samsung phone adapter which is 5Vdc @ 2.5A. Since the DC source is the USB end, by definition it should be close to +5Vdc.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If 1A isn't enough, it won't charge properly, if at all. I can't see how you could hurt anything if you tried 5Vdc @ 1A

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread