Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
kevinbomb123 said:
Branch manager.

Dude they hide behind all these wack titles like asst Vice President and crap .... What the hell is that? You mean asst manager/supervisor?
My question is in general if I go to the head person behind the teller window or head person behind the desks...Wouldn't the desk manager have more authorities ? I mean that's where the real money is right? The real money ain't the cash in the vault it's the numbers in the computers....

Easy... you're coming across a little hostile. Hopefully, you are charming and polite while dealing with any bank employee, even when things are not going your way. I know it can be frustrating, but attutude goes a long way. Replay in your mind your last 4 visits to the bank. Improve where you can. Have a long-term mentality. Pushing too hard or aggressively when you are "wronged" can gain you a temporary victory but guarantee a total loss in the end. You are CRH'ing. Remember... the banks owe you nothing for the pursuit of your hobby.
This psychology session is at an end... don't forget the tip jar! HH! (RUSH...the anti-eminem)

Easy... you're coming across a little hostile. Hopefully, you are charming and polite while dealing with any bank employee, even when things are not going your way. I know it can be frustrating, but attutude goes a long way. Replay in your mind your last 4 visits to the bank. Improve where you can. Have a long-term mentality. Pushing too hard or aggressively when you are "wronged" can gain you a temporary victory but guarantee a total loss in the end. You are CRH'ing. Remember... the banks owe you nothing for the pursuit of your hobby.
This psychology session is at an end... don't forget the tip jar! HH! (RUSH...the anti-eminem)
Lmao. I know I'm a relatively new Crh but did the guy who started Crh last month give me advice?

I don't know where you get " hostile" from my thread but rest assured I am all smiles ,please and thank you In the bank..... Even when explaining to the teller how when I'm offered other hunters boxs I decline saying I don't want to take anyone else order but obviously the other hunter doesn't want to extend the same Courtesy I kept it light hearted and playful.

kevinbomb123 said:
Most of the banks i've been too have an actual branch manager,not a shift manager but an actual manager who oversee's the operation off the branch,some banks have a head teller or vault teller so if it comes to cash/coins i would speak to them first.

Yea there seems to be a "manager" but it's hard to tell who is really in charge. I just thought the real manager wouldn't be behind the teller window handling basic deposits/withdraws....like I said the real money is behind the desk so I don't understand. When I need 10k plus I get sent to the desk so wouldn't logically this be where the power lays?its not where the cash is but when you need 500k that's where you go.....

Easy... I see you joined a little over a month before I did... I humbly bow to your O.G. status...! Maybe I'm just reading your posts wrong or something? Anyway, I will no longer offer you any advice since you know more than I do. As always, HH!

Rushfan said:
Easy... I see you joined a little over a month before I did... I humbly bow to your O.G. status...! Maybe I'm just reading your posts wrong or something? Anyway, I will no longer offer you any advice since you know more than I do. As always, HH!

I never said I was O G. But your giving out advice as if you been doing this for years. That isn't odd ?

Hey guys, I need advice.
OMFG NOOB I DIDNT MEAN YOUR ADVICE

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

Bro, if you encounter any resistance at all, there is little to be done. I ask a few questions of the LT or Manager, and then let it go. Happened to me today when asking to buy a bag of halves, they would not do it. I left disappointed, I am used to it by now, and you should get used to it too. IMO.

You do realize banks are not obligated to support your hobby.....You meet resistance move on to a different bank....

By the way please don't attack a member when they offer their advice, your the one who asked for advice to begin with....

Most of the banks i've been too have an actual branch manager,not a shift manager but an actual manager who oversee's the operation off the branch,some banks have a head teller or vault teller so if it comes to cash/coins i would speak to them first.

Ditto. The titles may vary from bank to bank, but there is almost always a branch manager type that oversees all the operations of the branch. This person would be over the tellers and lower-level CSRs, but in many instances has limited authority over any loan officers that work in the branch. Most branches will also have a lead/head/vault teller, who may or may not have authority over the other tellers.

In any case, just ask for the branch manager. Regardless of what their official title is this should get you the right person. If there is another layer of management between them and the tellers they will just communicate the issue down.

I think if we knew the problem you were having at the bank, some might be able to answer your question a little better. My self, I indulge my dump banks with donuts and treats when I can, just to keep in their good graces. Once you have some resistance, I don't think there is too much you can do, unless you want to be "that guy" everytime you walk in. HH, Maverick

Ditto. The titles may vary from bank to bank, but there is almost always a branch manager type that oversees all the operations of the branch. This person would be over the tellers and lower-level CSRs, but in many instances has limited authority over any loan officers that work in the branch. Most branches will also have a lead/head/vault teller, who may or may not have authority over the other tellers.

In any case, just ask for the branch manager. Regardless of what their official title is this should get you the right person. If there is another layer of management between them and the tellers they will just communicate the issue down.

That's what I was looking for, thank you. Not the "advice" of people who think they can hear the tone in ones voice through reading a forum post......hostile? Pffff!

That's what I was looking for, thank you. Not the "advice" of people who think they can hear the tone in ones voice through reading a forum post......hostile? Pffff!

A few gems from Easy in the last week or so....
"Everyone on here must be a kid because you all are immature."
"Wtf"
"I didn't want to let them off the hook. If you think I'm going away because you "forgot" my box's you are mistaken. Dimes it is then. Now go fetch my box's ! "
"Dude they hide behind all these wack titles like asst Vice President and crap .... What the hell is that?"
"No disrespect to the few older members still frequenting the site but this place is garbage lately...... I'm about done."

Sorry I got the impression that you sounded a bit hostile. My misatake, obviously. I'm certain no one else got that impression. I gave you sage advice, almost worthy of a sticky (lol). If it did not apply in your situation, fine. Yes, I am slightly newer to this game than you. Guess that just shows my knowledge of CRH fundamentals.
While you were complaining about "forgotten" orders and how to complain to upper management, I was chatting at my dump bank and picking up my boxes with a cheery smile from the vault teller at my pick up bank. Evidently, you are "that guy" to your bank, despite being a loveable teddy bear.

Meanwhile, back to CRH'ing... 2 boxes of halves, 1 40%... at least it was early in the first box... lol. 2 more boxes today, dreams of Walker enders and a great haul as always... HH...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back