For Trade: The Art of Flintknapping (Book)

robertk

Silver Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I discovered that I have two copies of this book, so I thought maybe someone would want to trade for a point that they have found (or made, but if you made it, you probably don't need this book). The book is the fifth edition and is in brand new condition. Here's the description and photo. If you've got something interesting to trade, let me know by PM. Most interesting offer by Saturday gets it. No shipping charge to you, assuming you do me the same courtesy from your end of the trade.

The Art of Flint Knapping, by D.C. Waldorf. In print since 1975. If you are interested in learning how to work flint in the same manner as Prehistoric Man, this book is for you. It covers the basics such as tools, raw materials, percussion, pressure and indirect percussion flaking, as well as advanced theory. The new Fifth Edition has been updated with appendices covering the use of modern tools such as copper billets as well as more on antler pressure flakers. 80 pages, 8 1/2 X 11", softbound. Over 100 illustrations by Val Waldorf.

IMG_5991.jpg

Robertk have you tried using there method ? If so how did it turn out ?

Robertk have you tried using there method ? If so how did it turn out ?
I have not. I intend to, one of these days, but so far haven’t had the right combination of time and materials.

By the way, I still have the book. No takers yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back