Fools Gold

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I flip a plug over I dug today and I saw what looked like a gold object about 6" down in the ground. I told myself this is it I finally found my first gold something. I had thoughts of banner find going through my mind. I took my phone out so I could get full documentation of my find. I took my knife and gently remove the gold object from the ground. Then reality set in when I saw what I found. I just tell myself metal detecting is what it is. Sometimes you win most the time I lose.

IMG_0864.jpeg
IMG_0865.jpeg

Upvote 9

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait until you see the edge of a gold colored pull tab, or, a gold foil covered bottle cap.......those things should be against the law to make!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
I flip a plug over I dug today and I saw what looked like a gold object about 6" down in the ground. I told myself this is it I finally found my first gold something. I had thoughts of banner find going through my mind. I took my phone out so I could get full documentation of my find. I took my knife and gently remove the gold object from the ground. Then reality set in when I saw what I found. I just tell myself metal detecting is what it is. Sometimes you win most the time I lose.

View attachment 2147715 View attachment 2147716
Can catch you out for sure. Mongrels here used to make fake nuggets to fool people, lead either painted gold or wrapped in some gold leaf or foil. I got caught out a couple of times.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed
I think you have found some great recoveries in the past..We all go thru the way you are feeling and believe me better days are ahead

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed
I think you have found some great recoveries in the past..We all go thru the way you are feeling and believe me better days are ahead
Thank billb, I know everyone has their up & down days metal detecting . But I did have a fun time that day metal detecting. The house only dates back to the 1940’s so I knew there wasn’t much to be found. But that gold foil got me good.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2147715 View attachment 2147716
Great Thoughts! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread