61.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 10
I can only imagine how much you must have found with the ATP if you found all this with the etrac afterwards.

Is the etrac that much better of a machine?

Good for you!

Great job! How was swinging the etrac compared to the pro? I've heard its heavy never used one and I don't have any problems with at pro but was just wondering.

Ya I have to say thats a great week of finds for an area that's already been hit b4.you should have went with the 3030 instead of the etrac,you would have found twice that.

Great finds, hard to believe you left that much behind. I have learned you get what you pay for, but I have also learned that the same machine works differently in different hands. I thought the E trac was the same machine as the 30 30, just not as many extra bells and whistles? Different soil conditions from moisture, root movement, moles, grubs, direction of swing, and willingness to dig different tones/VDI's all are allot of variables that make the same machine work different on different days in different hands. No matter what, it's working for you, so keep swinging that E trac and go find some more!

I have the AT pro now, but after a season or two I may upgrade to another machine... Nice finds!

Not all of these were because of the ETRAC..about half I ither missed or hadnt swept that area well.. but the other half were in heavy iron infested areas,,one of the indians had 3 nails in the plug and was most cetainly missed by the ATP because I combed this spot several times slow.

I credit better seperation in trashy areas as why I did better..none were at crazy depths that would have been out of reach with the ATP..the etrac can just see the coins within those nails. You have to go slow and drag the coil till you get a high tone and see if you can work something into a repeatable signal. The etrac to me actually feels about the same weight as the ATP.

Someone said I must have did good before with the ATP at these areas and I did. I dug about the same amount of silver-clad-wheats in these areas but for the most part they had started to dry up some with the ATP.

Last edited:
As far as the 3030..I cant see paying a extra grand for basically a waterproofed etrac when IMO any machine that costs over $600 should be 100% waterproof anyway. IMO the ETRAC performace is worth the price..its build construction..not so much. The ATP actually feels more solid built to me in the shaft areas..the area where you grip the Etrac is two peice plastic and feels very weak to me. For the price they charge for these they should be 100% waterproof and have carbon fiber construction with a 5 year warranty. I also got a great deal on this machine new for $1086 shipped..that wasnt a dealer sale BTW..more of a didnt need it and a favor...I end up with about $500 invested once I sold the ATP.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back