First swing with the M9 coil.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to try my new M9 coil for my Manticore today. I took it to a site with lots of iron contamination [square nails] and the coil seems to do a nice job with separation. The coil is very light . I won't get arm fatigue with the M9. I feel it goes almost as deep as the M11. Overall I feel this is a nice coil to add to my arsenal.

IMG_0961.jpeg

I agree. I swung the m9 for 6 hours today without fatigue. I will be using this as my primary coil. I thought a little too much dirt and sand was getting under the coil cover, but maybe I hadn't snapped it down enough in one spot. I hope Minelab makes additional coils with an eye towards minimal weight.

Last edited:
I have about 100 hours on the m9 now and continue to love it. I use it as my primary coil because of the reduced weight. The way the Manticore performs with the M9 and my current settings is eerily similar to the Minelab Sovereign, which makes me really happy because I loved that machine, and now I feel like I have it back with a 2d display.

Quick story--I was watering my arborvitae when my hose nozzle broke (cheap plastic kind). I had been procrastinating buying another one over the next few days, when I went metal detecting in my backyard. Coincidentally, I found one of those brass nozzles that you twist to change the spray setting. After cleaning it, it works perfectly! I had been over my yard with the Sovereign, Explorer, Excalibur, and Equinox and somehow missed a large brass object a few inches down.

Attachments

• 20240626_152218.jpg
    20240626_152218.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240626_153336.jpg
    20240626_153336.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back