First silver with the new machine! And a mystery copper

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got out today after a few solid weeks of studying for finals for a bit before the weather drove me in. Found a nice wee silver in mint condition practically. A 1919 silver 3 pence George V and a mystery copper I can't identify due to corrosion. If you look closely you can see a left facing bust as the nose is most visible but I can't make out the back . It's about 1mm thick and 20mm wide . Might be a date at the bottom. Anyways if anyone can see something I can't please let me know if not oh well happy with my silver today :D thanks for looking

Attachments

• image-1194420646.jpg
    image-1194420646.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1147416739.jpg
    image-1147416739.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 3
Congrats nice silver! Hope you find out what the mystery coin is.

I've been detecting now since January and have yet to find any coin from another country other then the USA. I have about a six page wish list of items I would like to find detecting and a foreign coin is on the list. I figured it would long ago have been checked off. I'm thinking when I go home to upstate NY this fall for a week of hunting I might get to check off a few items from the long list. Fingers crossed!

Your silver coin is beautiful.

The left side image strikes me as a coat of arms, with a flag, sort of like below. You can see what resembled a flag on your coin on the right side. Now to be able to make a match with a similar coin, that would seem pretty tough.

Attachments

• mhzzj9xo5SUIBaC7FJ4Eidg.jpg
    mhzzj9xo5SUIBaC7FJ4Eidg.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 242
thanks everyone yea I am still trying to ID it its so corroded unfortunately that I doubt I will ever ID it. I thought I could see a shield or something as well but I am just not sure now.

thanks everyone yea I am still trying to ID it its so corroded unfortunately that I doubt I will ever ID it. I thought I could see a shield or something as well but I am just not sure now.

Not much point trying to ID that one, when in Scotland just get out & find better examples you can ID.

Good news is that the 3pence is pre-1920 so its in the purest silver range.

Not much point trying to ID that one, when in Scotland just get out & find better examples you can ID.

Good news is that the 3pence is pre-1920 so its in the purest silver range.

That silver sure does look pure to me .NICE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back