• 1947 quarter cropped 2.JPG
    1947 quarter cropped 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
Dude!!!

Way ta go!!!! Great finds!

;)

Great finds!! What a feeling! huh!?! What year is the buffalo? WTG!! HH

I am a Rush fan! When I was creating my login on here the 2112 album was playing in the background.

I believe the buffalo is a 1937 although I'd swear it says 1987, which of course can't be correct... Must be 37.

Does anyone know if this is the shape that buffalos come out of the ground in? It has that red look to it and feels like sandpaper when you rub your finger on it. I'm not sure if they were into cladding coins that far back but it looks like the nickel layer may be gone and I'm seeing the copper-nickel mix??

Dudes

It depends on your soil. Some are kinder to a coin than others. It's not uncommin to find one in that condition. Check and see if the buffalo has 3 or 4 legs. One year, and i think it was 37, it came out with 3 legs, and is worth some money. HH

Nice going!
I remember my first silver coin. I found it over 30 years ago. It was a 1946 Roosevelt dime.
I like to use a brass brush on those "red" nickels. I wouldn't do it unless you plan to keep it though.
I would rather have a shiny clean coin than a dirty crusty red one.

BK

Dudes, thats your first silver coin? I thought you have been doing this for a long time.

Wow, great first!!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Congrats on your first silver. Quarters are always nice to find. I clean all my coins unless I can visually see a rare date on them with just a rince. Your not supposed to but what fun is it to have a ton of old dirty coins with no dates.

Good Luck Jer

Yeah Mud, been doing this for a while but I had never found a coin, somehow. I was looking in all of the parks in my area which were fairly new so the chances for silver were a little less. Just recently got involved in a bunch of research to find areas that were older that could hold some silver. I have found a few other silver items, but never a coin until now.

Dudes

Congrats on your first silver, WTG!!!
All the nickles I find here in Indy look about the same way, some have a more brown tint to them than others, but mostly a red look... I think it's the 37D that has three legs that's worth a little $$$...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back