First Silver 05!!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
First Silver '05!!

So I am in a casual business meeting and on the shelf of the person I am meeting with there is a book on the history of the town, a rather small/old NY town. When I was done with the meeting, I asked to look at it. I found a photo and description of where the county fair was held for three years in the late 1800s until it moved somewhere else and asked the person I was meeting with where it was. She said it's a park and it's right down the road and you can still see the outline of the horse trotting track from the old days. Sure enough I go there and run into a guy pulling his detector out of his car. Says he's been going there three years and has found all kinds of old coins, seated ones too, and other stuff. I go around about two hours and find about 20 clad, best being 1941 wheatie. Bummer. Then I give myself about 10 minutes to leave and BANG, out comes a nice thick silver band ring with a nice design. I don't have a camera at this time, but the only writing on it is 625 or 675 or something like that. Any help? This is my second ring ever.

Upvote 0
Re: First Silver '05!!

Nice find Bergie, Cant help but sounds like a good site even with other hunters hitting it before you.HH

Are you sure it does not say 925 inside, if so that would make it sterling silver.

Thanks, Jarman. Wayne, that's it 925--thanks!

way to bergie got 3 for the year so far 2/925 silver i smashed gold one(?)thats to mangled to see ne karat markings >:( good feeling, is it me or its the last ten or first ten minutes that theses pop up?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back