First Seated, and she is in great shape

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
I only had 2 goals for the year. 1 was to find a seated coin. Scratch that one off the list!!!!!!!!!!!!
I found it in a pounded out park. I think I just got lucky and hit the perfect angle to hear it. There were low conductors on 2 sides of it, and an iron null in front of it. I was not able to pinpoint, but had a pretty good idea of where it was. I estimate the coin to be in the 9"-10" range depth wise. It was covered in mud, so I took a walk over to the drinking fountain and let the water do some work. I saw the shield first, and knew a seated dime had finally come my way. It took almost a 1 1/2 years to find one. Hope the next one comes much sooner. I was extremely pleased after cleaning it off at the office with the condition. Hope everyone else is finding what they are looking for.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Attachments

• 51909a.jpg
    51909a.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 809
Upvote 0
congrat's !! my fist seated was this spring ! 1877 quarter ! @ 2 days later an 1842-O half dime ! so hang on it will happen 2 u 2 !! MAINERELIC.

Congrats on your first seated! I've been detecting over 30 years and I've never found one. Still a goal. That, and a large cent!

The detail on that dime is incredible.

pointdlr said:
I am decent with my machine, but learn something new almost every time out. What I learned on the day of the seated coin, was that my headphones were seriously holding me back. I was set to meet lostlake at the park b/c he left his headphones in my car. I beat him to the park, and just decided to try his. It was like night and day and the proof was a seated coin. I ordered a pair and should have them soon.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

You can't make a statement like that without naming the type of headphones you are refering to? Great job on a very nice seated. It's all down hill from there though as most seated are not in that good of shape from what I have read. That is one nice example of a seated coin.

Now go find your second!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

Dave

Congratulations Jon on your first Seated coin. 1 and a half years is not all that bad. I've been detecting for about 20 years and finally last Sunday found my first seated half dime.
Chris

Congrats on your first seated coin Jon!!! Lots of beautiful detail left on her!!! I'm still looking for my first seated coin, going on 3 years. :'(

HH Joe

Re: First Seated, + seated half dime eyeball find.

Drodda,
I bought my SE used and the headphones were awful. There is a little detector shop near me, and the owner told me I should buy some that were made by White's. I don't even know what they are called, but they are purple and say "White's" on the side. They are absolute junk, but I didn't know that until I used my buddies Koss UR-30's. Now I have a pair of those on order.

Colonial Zeus - I found my first(and only) seated half dime about 10 years ago. I didn't find it with a detector, but with my eyes while hunting arrowheads. Hard to imagine seeing it in a field, but I did. Here are pics of it. I have always meant to post it, but wanted to wait until I found one with my detector. I am going to make a separate post in Best "eyeball" Finds.

Regards,
Jon Dickinson

Attachments

• eyeballa.jpg
    eyeballa.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 208
  • eyeballb.jpg
    eyeballb.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 211

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions