• 1865 Front.jpg
    1865 Front.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1865 Back.jpg
    1865 Back.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 17
Congrats! I love finding IHPs!
I love them so much that one of my last hunts with my Equinox 800, I got a solid 20 on the VDI and was extremely depressed that I found a small 10 kt gold "New State Department of Civil Service 25 years" recognition instead of the Indian Head penny I was certain I was digging. My dream is to get a complete Indian Head cent set all from just metal detecting finds. There about six dates/types I still need to complete the set.

Got my Minelab Manticore this past Saturday and got out for my first real hunt last night. First Indian head with the Manticore, second 1865 this year and third 1865 since October 2022.

Anthony
Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

I love them so much that one of my last hunts with my Equinox 800, I got a solid 20 on the VDI and was extremely depressed that I found a small 10 kt gold "New State Department of Civil Service 25 years" recognition instead of the Indian Head penny I was certain I was digging. My dream is to get a complete Indian Head cent set all from just metal detecting finds. There about six dates/types I still need to complete the set.
Not sure I would like them more than a gold Civil Service pin! 😄. Congrats!

Not sure I would like them more than a gold Civil Service pin! 😄. Congrats!
i am a coin collector. I would truly rather find a needed coin instead of gold. I would rather find an IHP, even a common date, instead of just about anything else. I really love finding IHPs, although, I have taken a shine to seated dimes recently. But really IHPs are my favorite coin to find. I really want to complete my metal detector found set.

Anthony

Nice find with the new machine! Hope there's many more, especially Indians, to come! I've been at it for 33 years, have found 1231 of them and am 3 short- 1877 and the two S mints- GL in your quest!

I completed a set of all the 50 State quarters; happen to find a State quarter collector book with pigeon holes, like the old Whitman blue coin holder books, at an Antique shop and decided to fill all the holes. Took 2 yrs of beach hunting but it sure was fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back