First Pocket Spill

Scratch

Aug 29, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
It was 74 degrees F and windy this morning when I got to Fort Island Beach around 09:30. The fog thickened the whole time I was there and the overcast turned the street lights back on. The beach had been 'groomed' by the parks crew with a big sand rake pulled behind a tractor. That made it easy to see by the footprints that someone else had beat me there and pretty methodically worked the west end. I went all the way to the very edge of the sand/grass and worked my way to the water. I rang up the Nederlands nickel someone had drilled for a pendant or charm. Within fifteen minutes I had a good signal with undertones like I hadn't heard before. Under about six inches of sand I uncovered a penny, a dime, another penny then another, then a quarter and another dime. My first pocket spill! Nothing momentous, but I got a grin from it.
Well, I finally taught the Excalibur to find coins.
::)
Later I found the odd bits I call 'fentoozlers'.
finds_0024.jpg
finds_0034copy.jpg

Upvote 0
At least you got out. 19 and windy here at 9:30. Congrats on the spill find.
Burdie

0 degrees 12inches of snow and 4 foot drifts i am done digging untill we get some 40 degree days and some sun dam it i had a lead on a old home stead on the river bluffs and a 20 x 50 spot left to do in a yard down the street

olepossum said:
0 degrees 12inches of snow and 4 foot drifts i am done digging untill we get some 40 degree days and some sun dam it i had a lead on a old home stead on the river bluffs and a 20 x 50 spot left to do in a yard down the street
Wow, that bites.
Now I remember why I moved to Florida. C'mon down guys, and I'll show you some of the beaches.

I was in Florida last Jan. brought back a real nice diamond ring. thank you Florida

allen said:
looks like you had that beach all to yourself :coffee2:
That's the only upside to foul weather on the beach. A few people pulled up and parked in the lot. Not one got out of their vehicle. The air was so saturated it condensed on the excal. Nice to have a detector that shrugs it off. ;D

af1733 said:
I'm just curious, but what was odd about the two cents in the lower left-hand corner?
Nothing really. I guess I could have labeled them 'singletons' instead. :dontknow: I found them in separate spots. As in 'an odd cent here and there'.

Scratch said:
af1733 said:
I'm just curious, but what was odd about the two cents in the lower left-hand corner?
Nothing really. I guess I could have labeled them 'singletons' instead. :dontknow: I found them in separate spots. As in 'an odd cent here and there'.
Ahh, okay, I gotcha! I wasn't reading that right. Nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back