First indian

countrycody16

Jul 25, 2012
Cullman Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I went out with a buddy for an early hunt. The first location o left empty handed. As for my buddy he stumbled across a nice arrow head right in the middle of town. He divided to take me to one of his spots that he had just recently got permission to hint. The house is well over 100 years old and a wagon trail at one time went right through the front yard. My buddy dug a wheat penny his first whole. I dug what I thought was a token till I got home and cleaned it and it turned out to be a damn play money piece :(. Then I dug a piece of an old pocket watch. I was telling myself I needed to find something worth hunting this spot for. Then I got a good penny/dime signal on the dfx. I thought oh it's prob just a wheat penny. I popped the plug and got out the pro pointer and located it. At quick glance I thought it was a wheaty but then I saw the shield and noticed where the wheat would be was a wreath like thing. I got super excited. I called my buddy over to confirm what I had found and yep I has found my first Indian head. After some electrolysis cleaning I got the date. 1906 I'm looking forward to hitting that spot again :D.

image-959623124.png

image-4039018150.png

image-3656495903.png

Upvote 0
Congrats on the first... What type of electrolysis do you use? I didn't think it could be done on copper? I would like to try this on a few of my older pennies I can't get a date off of.

I'm not sure on the electrolysis my buddy used his at home but I think he used something a little more powerful than a 12 volt wall charger. It did a good job. After I got it from him after he cleaned it it was still a little hard to see any detail but I soaked it in olive oil over night and brought back a lot more detail.

Very nice. I recall when I found my first Indian head. It was quite a rush :-). Keep searching, more is sure to come!

congrats on the first of many more to come..................................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back