First Hunt

Everester

Mar 8, 2014
Mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the ground where I live in Michigan finally warmed up enough for me to get in my very first hunt. Unfortunately it was a very short one at just over half an hour and I only dug 5 plugs. I went to an old ball field that closed down 15 years ago that I had received permission to hunt over the winter. I found 2 old aluminum pull tabs, 2 pennies, one a 1948D, and a silver ring. I was also amazed at how much junk metal i found in the same holes. I found atleast 15 pieces of garbage in the holes with them. I am very thankful my CTX 3030 has a good discrimination setting or who know how much other junk I would have picked up since I could see it coming up on my screen down in the ignored areas. All in All I think it was a very productive first time out and can't wait to get back out again tomorrow. IMG_0250.JPG

Upvote 7
Nice finds, where in Michigan are you located, I'm in southeast mi, metro Detroit area.

I live up by Bay City. I have been checking the ground every day to see if it is soft enough to dig. Still wasn't in my yard but the ball field has alot of sand in the area and I guess that helped because it was melted up to 12in down.

Nice ring Everester ! That's a great way to kick off the season. I'm going to try and get out for the first time today or tomorrow to see if the ground around here is digable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back