First hunt with the Deus 2

Last edited:
Concerning the issue I was having with the puck shutting off while detecting. It was under warranty & Moe at the XP service center replaced the puck with a new one. I had no more issues after the puck was replaced. Had the deus 2 for 1 year now and I love it.
FANTASTIC NEWS !!! Moe is TOP OF THE LINE :)

Well it happen again to me. This time after about 2 hours of metal detecting my fully charge WS6 puck battery completely drain out and I was not able to put a charge back on the puck. So I sent the WS6 puck back to the service center for a third time. The good news is the circuit board & battery was replaced and I got back in a week.
Am I just just having bad luck with the WS6 puck or is the puck not as durable as the Deus 2 remote. I don't know. I decide to buy a remote so I have a back up detector while Im out detecting.
I also got a RCDIGGS mount for my WS6 master & XP Deus 2 remote. They mount to the stock shaft and I will never have to worry about losing my puck or remote while detecting. With the RCDIGS remote mount you can also get a left handed or right handed mount so it angles the remote so you can better see the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpeg
    IMG_1461.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1460.jpeg
    IMG_1460.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1465.jpeg
    IMG_1465.jpeg
    833.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    811.7 KB · Views: 3
Well it happen again to me. This time after about 2 hours of metal detecting my fully charge WS6 puck battery completely drain out and I was not able to put a charge back on the puck. So I sent the WS6 puck back to the service center for a third time. The good news is the circuit board & battery was replaced and I got back in a week.
Am I just just having bad luck with the WS6 puck or is the puck not as durable as the Deus 2 remote. I don't know. I decide to buy a remote so I have a back up detector while Im out detecting.
I also got a RCDIGGS mount for my WS6 master & XP Deus 2 remote. They mount to the stock shaft and I will never have to worry about losing my puck or remote while detecting. With the RCDIGS remote mount you can also get a left handed or right handed mount so it angles the remote so you can better see the screen.
Well they do say "3rd time lucky"
Good to hear it was resolved in short order again.
But it shouldn't have happened 😕

I'm having no problems with the remote, fingers crossed.
Just looked and I got my Deus ll 2 yrs ago today.

Sorry to hear you had problems again, but good that they're resolved.

I bought both the remote & WS6, but I've only used the WS6 once for maybe 1/2 hour.

I use the remote a little differently. It's very uncomfortable for me to try to read/see/use the remote on the stalk (DIGS mount wouldn't help), so I carry it in my left hand (I think the wrist mount might be too bulky/cumbersome--IDK). I expect I'll eventually leave it on my belt.

Anyway, I much prefer the RC (and larger screen) to the WS6; I think you will too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back