First hunt-F2 with 8"

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I took the F2 back to a local school down the street from me. I was completely impressed when I was there with the 4" sniper coil a couple weekends ago, I dug 51 coins in a bit over 2 hours time. I figured I would go back to the same spot and try the 8" coil this time. When I got there, I played with the 4" coil for a bit and found about 10 coins. After switching to the 8" coil, I went back over the same areas I had just hit with the 4" coil. I started finding alot of coins that I had missed or incorrectly ID'ed with the smaller coil. I ended up digging 46 coins, the majority were 2"-7" deep. So far I have dug nearly 100 coins in about 2 weeks with the F2 from a place I have hit extensively with my other detectors. I also dug around 30 pulltabs/pencil eraser ferrules. I'm hoping to find that gold!

Attachments

• finds F2 3-16-13.jpg
    finds F2 3-16-13.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 1
It looks to me like you and the new machine are going to make a great team! Thank you for sharing the input on comparing the two coils as it is quite surprising...........63bkpkr

Atomic
Did you run your Tesoro V there.... if so it should have found the coins
Kinda sorry to say this...but yes I did run the V over there. I'm not sure what's going on there. I may be dismissing some good signals as trash. I get confused sometimes as there is alot of popping and clicking with the V as it tries to disc out the trash, and some of the signals seem to be vague. With the F2, I'ts very obvious that it's a target (whether it's trash or treasure) as I get NO noise until I hit a target.

Sounds like the F2 is an ok machine. Maybe I should consider one for backup machine?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back