Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm back from the dead - stupid job has been making me work and the lovely life has been insisting I finish the two cars I have torn apart, lowering our property values. But my boy and I occasionally have been sneaking away to an elementary school near us for a quick hunt. It's never been touched from what I can see and it's always good for several coins, which keeps my son coming back. But the other night, we found this dinky little ring, which made us happy as-is, but then we brought it home only to find out it was gold! 10K, to be sure, and still pretty dinky, but it was thrilling nonetheless. And finding it with my boy made it extra-special...and a bonus is that "A" is the initial of his first name!

IMG_3448.jpg

Upvote 29
I'm back from the dead - stupid job has been making me work and the lovely life has been insisting I finish the two cars I have torn apart, lowering our property values. But my boy and I occasionally have been sneaking away to an elementary school near us for a quick hunt. It's never been touched from what I can see and it's always good for several coins, which keeps my son coming back. But the other night, we found this dinky little ring, which made us happy as-is, but then we brought it home only to find out it was gold! 10K, to be sure, and still pretty dinky, but it was thrilling nonetheless. And finding it with my boy made it extra-special...and a bonus is that "A" is the initial of his first name!

View attachment 1989453
Congrats, always nice bringing in a little gold. I've got years and years of metal detecting and only have two gold rings under my belt. I hope you have many more to come.

I like the design on the side. Work cut back my detecting time this year as well but I think it makes me more focused when I do get out. I got more jewelry and rings than last year but not even half the time out.

Nice find indeed.

Nice gold ring, congrats! Extra special finding it with your son, and the bonus of have it be his first initial. So he will be wearing it and always be thinking of that day with you. Extra special…

View attachment 1989453
great find, so cool that you hunt with your son, Love that

Congrats....glad you could share that experience with your boy !! Awsome memory made !!

Good teamwork and congratulations on your beautiful recovery

View attachment 1989453
Sweet Yellow Nectar!!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back