FIRST GOLD FOR 2013

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted today for about 3 hours, 2 alone and 1 with my wife. Combined we pulled $5.76 in Clad, a Saint Christopher and a 6.06 gram 14k GOLD pendent. My first gold of the year and my first gold with my new MXT Pro. :hello2:

The Pendant looks like a crushed nugget with Chinese or Japanese writing. The Makers mark appear as the initials DS with a Trident between them. I haven't figured out who that is yet.

14k_Back.JPG
14kCh_Pend_Scale.JPG
St_Christopher.JPG

I still haven't figured out whether this is real silver or not. Anyone have an opinion?

Mystery_Lump.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 8
where is the 14k stamp located? my guess is its a replica but still a very sweet find..cant go wrong with gold!

It's on the bottom (Scale shot with weight) of the piece. Trident with Initials DS then below that 14k.

Any gold find is awesome. This is where the hobby gets challenging. Knowing what you have and if you don't, learning what you have.

The fun of the unexpected. Never, Never did I expect to find a Cob, real or Replica, where I was hunting. I really was more focused on the 14k, and not the origin of the item. I'm still holding out hope it's the real McCoy. We shall see.

HH

WOW ! Sweet finds ! That cob is so cool ! Congrats
Glen

super great find.way to go congrats

You might want to invest in an acid test kit. They contain a scratch stone and various acids to test silver and gold.

Congrats on the nice finds.

I just can't get over this. One of my best finds ever. Now I need a $5.00 gold coin.

Nice find Maripoagold! Did you and the wife find anything yesterday after I left? That was the second silver I found out of that spot. After I left I couldnt help but laugh at how you guys ended up at the same spot Ive been hunting for months. I mean out of all the possible places to hunt in our areas we both end up at the same spot within 10 mins of eachother .lol I guess great minds think alike.. btw I think we will have better luck finding that $5.00 gold coin up near your neck of the woods.. :)

Nice find Maripoagold! Did you and the wife find anything yesterday after I left? That was the second silver I found out of that spot. After I left I couldnt help but laugh at how you guys ended up at the same spot Ive been hunting for months. I mean out of all the possible places to hunt in our areas we both end up at the same spot within 10 mins of eachother .lol I guess great minds think alike.. btw I think we will have better luck finding that $5.00 gold coin up near your neck of the woods.. :)

Dude, didn't find anything remarkable after you and Nick left. After you told me of your silver find along the fence line, my wife and I went there about a month ago, but ball players occupied the fields, so we just hit the playgrounds and knocked out over $8.00 in Clad. My wife doesn't do any heavy digging so most of our joint hunt are tot lots.

Funny how you found me at the school yard on R Street right after we talked on TreasureNet too! Really not that many places to hunt in that category (Schools & Parks). The Parks fill up pretty quickly on weekends. You have logged 10 times as many hours Md'ing than I have and your results show it with more silver and more gold. I need to get out more. A $5.00 gold coin is looking for me. LOL

I dont blame your wife for not doing any heavy digging. That ground out there is incredably hard to dig in. You saw how long it took me to dig up that merc.. (atleast 10 min for 9") I may go over to that field again on saturday for a hour or two. give me a call if your interested in meeting up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back