First Fruitful Box of Halves

MCBR

Oct 22, 2011
LA, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So got my third box of halves yesterday. Ordered this one from a different bank in a different area. The first two had been complete skunks as far as silver was concerned. They had both been string boxes with white paper rolls with yellow text. This one looked the same, but did not say string anywhere, and the rolls were white with black text. What type of box would this be?

Anyways it was quite nice as the first roll had a 40% half and two I still needed for my album. The net result of the box was 3 40%ers and a franklin. I was quite happy with the results.

When I got the box it was sealed and had definitely not been tampered with, but when I opened it i did notice one of the rolls had definitely been previously opened. It had all 20 coins, but guessing somewhere along the line before the box was sealed some one had seen a good ender, and replaced it. Bummer.

Picking up another box today, so hopefully that one will produce too.

Take care,
~Matt

Upvote 0
congrats on your finds!

I don't know who supplies the Black & White rolls, been looking for a bank that carries them now for a while now.

So far I just get brinks (white & brown) & String (white & yellow).

HH & good luck on todays search!
Bigheed

Good box! :icon_thumleft:

3 boxes in and you already have some good info. You know 2 banks that definitely get their coins from different suppliers. My advice would be to order a decent number of boxes from both banks (~20 or so) over time, and figure out which bank you'd rather order from - either by the amount of silver found and/or the friendliness (or lack thereof) of the banks involved. Then order from the one you like best and dump your rejects on the other. That way you won't directly get your own dumps back and you'll ever so slightly increase your odds of finding silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back