Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
As a follow-up to our summer research, my good friend Dan and I made our first outing of the season yesterday. We drove by quite a few sites early in the morning to check out the crop status, then planned to meet with a local farmer. But we couldn't catch him home and ended up going to one of our nearby old spots to get in a little swing time. We had hit this area quite hard last year, and after the first 45 min we both only had a tombac to show for our efforts not to mention getting wet from a unexpected moderate rain. Then I got a big surprise when I heard an obvious, shallow signal that was somehow missed before, and out popped a nice little cut piece of silver. That was only the 2nd one to come from this site after several hunts there. It wasn't long after that Dan also got a shock when he heard what he thought was another aluminum can shard and a beautiful half of a 2 reale pistareen was staring him in the face. We dug a few more buttons after that, but right before we left Dan dug what he though was probably a deep iron signal and then stood there stunned as he was holding his first CS tongue. Check out Dan's post for details and pics of his finds. So we were both surprised and pleased that our pounded site had produced a few more keepers. We later got permission at an early site that we plan to hit soon. And to finish the day we made a trip over to the button hotspot at my early coin spill site and made a few more finds. We had a great time and were quite pleased with the way the season had started. Lookin' forward to doing it again soon.

Attachments

• 092912a.JPG
    092912a.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 092912b.JPG
    092912b.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 5
Great find~! I really enjoyed your article in W&E this month, by the way. GREAT photos and a great story.

Best Wishes for a Fantastic Fall Season,

Buck

Thanks BB. I hope I can find enough this year to justify doing another article or 2. It's a fun way to pass the time during the boring summer. Good luck to you this year ..... Bill

Last edited:
Thanks BB. I hope I can find enough this year to justify doing another article or 2. It's fun way to pass the time during the boring summer. Good luck to you this year ..... Bill

don't know about you...my summer was not boring and yours WILL not be next summer. Looking forward to Saturday.

Dan

Awesome! Great piece of history! Way to go! :icon_thumleft:

Sweet silver!! Who knows still might be more. Have to love a sight that keeps on ginving even in the smallest amounts!

Nice score Bill , look forward to your next post !

awesome Bill!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back